Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Making bortaS work better
02-23-2012, 02:29 PM
For STFs, I'm starting to have success with full cannons even in some of the elites. Been working hard to get the most out of rcs consoles ( use 2 ), aux to dampers, slower attack speeds and evasive (especially in reverse).

Wondering if Omega space set would do well on her for the extra turn abilities or if you loose too much in survival.

Thoughts? ..... Has anyone tried Omega set on her?

I figure we can start with the turn rate and go from there.

What tricks have you developed or use to get the most out of her?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-23-2012, 03:01 PM
BTW. .. This thread is about overcoming the shortcomings, not dwelling on them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
For STFs, I'm starting to have success with full cannons even in some of the elites. Been working hard to get the most out of rcs consoles ( use 2 ), aux to dampers, slower attack speeds and evasive (especially in reverse).

Wondering if Omega space set would do well on her for the extra turn abilities or if you loose too much in survival.

Thoughts? ..... Has anyone tried Omega set on her?

I figure we can start with the turn rate and go from there.

What tricks have you developed or use to get the most out of her?
tried cannon and beam only build, beam boat worked better cause of the slow turn rate
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-23-2012, 07:02 PM
All out plasma turret config, no need to turn and extra burn damage

EPS consoles, plasmodic leech and other consoles according to what skills I want to use on it.


I never try to compensate for weaknesses I just find a strength and build on it (Except for my B'rel Retro, I just do mental things in that for fun)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Tet Glider works on everything as everything can benefit from free damage
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Tet Glider works on everything as everything can benefit from free damage
Was thinking that myself plus it does have a nice turn ability to it. The question comes with the shields but I'm now hearing that the higher regen rate really makes it a shield that stands with the others.

Then there is the grav anchor. Can you piture dropping that on a Fed escort to make escape slightly more challenging for them .... then opening up with all weapons blazing?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Was thinking that myself plus it does have a nice turn ability to it. The question comes with the shields but I'm now hearing that the higher regen rate really makes it a shield that stands with the others.

Then there is the grav anchor. Can you piture dropping that on a Fed escort to make escape slightly more challenging for them .... then opening up with all weapons blazing?
yes, yes I can.
Though I found my Sciguy did not fit with the BortaS and put him back into a B'rel.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 AM.