Lt. Commander
# 51
02-28-2012, 07:30 AM
The reason Maco is less powerful than KHG roach has alot to do with the pvp environment. Right now, the name of the game is ripping shields down with non dps damage. It's all about the Glider, CPB, and Tachyonbeam all of which straight up by pass shield resistance and rip shields down in seconds.

The KHG's placate does several things in addition to being a covariant cap3. It breaks tractor beam so your defense score will be higher for longer on average, it gives decent breaks on incoming DPS, and as a result incoming Glider and Tachyon Beam fire.

So you can shield tank for far longer with the KHG than you can the Maco as your only serious vulnerability, is CPB's AOE, and even then due to the glider completely mitigating and in most cases out stripping shield Regeneration, you have the most capacity available to withstand CPB fire, and endure Glider fire the longest.

In a world without stupid Sci powers that have 0 resistance against them, and stupid glider the Maco would be stronger if it was really adding ten percent to your shield DR. But it doesn't, in reality it adds more along the lines of 5 to 7 percent at best thanks to shield resistance being multiplicative and the maco is no exception. Throw in the sci and glider shenanigans and it actually provides nothing.

I do agree though the game is irreparably broken at this point.
FAW, FPB, P2W garbage, and Gliders. I guess cryptic really doesn't want this game to last after the 3 months of f2p launch. Cause anyone that hits level cap is going to run into this crap (I'm not even going to mention Voldemort here), get sick of pvp quickly and leave especially with only 2 game modes. Both of which are crap. Deathmatch really? Then you have it's even worse alternative... a cap and hold that takes -forever- to win due to how long it takes to cap points.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-28-2012, 09:00 AM
I do miss the old days where I'd carry 6-7 different MX purple shields in PVP and gauge what weapon type was in the majority in a match and swap to the proper [resist] types.

It's those years of EVE online rubbing off on me. Optimize for everything. Fact of the matter is you can't do this anymore because the set shields are the best at every situation.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
Nooblet its a baby Noob.
Just because you have that dumb FAW, DEM, beam weapons build doesn't make you good. lol. Remember chasing me around for twenty minutes in Kerrat and then giving up?

I'd love to know how to defend against that btw... because, the first run I had with you, you, none of my defensive abilities for shields mattered at all. Only my hull heals and senor Jams kept me alive as I watched the other poor souls who didn't have a clue what you were up to explode.
Lt. Commander
# 54 Bah, Mav, Bah I say
02-28-2012, 10:21 AM
"Irreparably broken!?!"

I think not, Mav.

We've been here before. Cryptic has released something without fully thinking out its impact on pvp or just not having fully thought out or tested something.

We dealt with the Harpeng, Old FAW, Older FAW etc.

We're simply running into a lot of issues, balance wise, right now because cryptic has introduced so many new things all at once.

That's sorta a good thing. It means the game is growing and changing.

Ewww. I can't believe I've turned into a Cryptic apologist.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-28-2012, 10:33 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
The reason Maco is less powerful than KHG roach has alot to do with the pvp environment. Right now, the name of the game is ripping shields down with non dps damage. It's all about the Glider, CPB, and Tachyonbeam all of which straight up by pass shield resistance and rip shields down in seconds.
And what happens when the enviroment changes again? Shall another change be in order to fix what was happening before because the enviroment was different?

Quote:
The KHG's placate does several things in addition to being a covariant cap3. It breaks tractor beam so your defense score will be higher for longer on average, it gives decent breaks on incoming DPS, and as a result incoming Glider and Tachyon Beam fire.
Against free damage incomming, I see no reason why teh KHG is not operating as it should. Its a Placate, its suppossed to break target lock for all of the 2 seconds it works. Why should it be changed just so the FOTM can be effective in PvP still?

Quote:
So you can shield tank for far longer with the KHG than you can the Maco as your only serious vulnerability, is CPB's AOE, and even then due to the glider completely mitigating and in most cases out stripping shield Regeneration, you have the most capacity available to withstand CPB fire, and endure Glider fire the longest.
Sounds like it just interfers with the FOTM enviroment to me.
SO the 10% extra damage resistance/Defense of the MACO is no longer a good thing?
What happened to using tactics in PvP? Seems to my eyes that the KHG is just cuasing grief becuase it does its job and disprupts the comfort zone of those facing it.

Quote:
In a world without stupid Sci powers that have 0 resistance against them, and stupid glider the Maco would be stronger if it was really adding ten percent to your shield DR. But it doesn't, in reality it adds more along the lines of 5 to 7 percent at best thanks to shield resistance being multiplicative and the maco is no exception. Throw in the sci and glider shenanigans and it actually provides nothing.
Then fix the MACO and the TET Glider instead of nerfing the KLingons again. We are working it seems as intended and the other two are not.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo

Unless they fixed it when they updated the MACO shields. Last time I checked (when I reported the MACO shields being broken last month), Shield resist are not multiplicative . They were additive back then, I haven't checked recently though.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-28-2012, 03:42 PM
I love when new Feds say things like "KDF Cloak has no cool down"

ahahah