Lt. Commander
# 1 The Fed Klingon War..
02-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Theres a war on? You could have fooled me!

Yes there is a definate lack of story line and plot on the Fed/KDF war. Perhapes during the rest of 2012 we might get a bit of filling out of this story and then once that is done get the territorial PvEvP that would make this "war" a little more real. But for now due to more the phenominally tiny dev team that anything else (honestly, really, 30 people, and only maybe 5 of them likely set story and plot for the meta game..there a bunch of really busy people and one of the smaller dev teams for an MMO in existance!)

I might as a General of the Empire propose a small change. So, from a role play point of view please consider this rebuttle.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............
To: Federation Star Fleet Command
Commanding I.K.S. Dancer
Task Force Omega battle group over Bajor.

This is not a peace inititive. This is not a diplomatic inititive. I do not speak as the voice of the Empire. I speak as a captain of a ship of the Klingon Defence Forces. An Orion captain commanding one of the elite ships of the empire committed to action against the Borg as part of a joint Federation/Klingon force.
We recently had to withdraw from Deep Space 9 due to the reappearence of a lost Dominion fleet as you are certainly aware. We the captains,ships, and crews of the Omega Task force have learned to depend on each other, and to trust each other. And we do discuss the ongoing war between the Federation and the Empire. A war that is currently stalemated. Both sides to this conflict apparently have more important concerns then aggressivly pursuing this war.

There are many on both sides that want this war. That need this war. That revel in this war. Yet there are others that see it as a waste of time and resources. Let us examine the current state of the war.

The Empire discovered massive undine intrusion into the Alpha quadrant. They were able to determine that the Gorn Star Kingdom had been infiltrated at the highest level and that some criticaly important members of Starfleet command had been replaced. The Klingon mind set left them with no choice. They had to act, and they did. In spite of evedence to he controary and full on proof later the Federation chose to not only protest the empires decision but to levy economic sanctions againt the empire.

The Federation leadership made some egregious mistakes about the empire. They made assumptions that perhapes the Klingon's had ..."mellowed" They were wrong. Just the records of the Dominion war should have been sufficient to show the truth of it. But the Federation has been known to ignore an inconvenient truth now and again, and to use an Earth saying "go to where angels fear to tread"

The Empire withdrew from the Khitomer accords, and declared war. Yet, there was no great offensive. Some boarder worlds were attacked, and a few certain stratigic starbases that threatened Imperial security
yet both sides seem to have implicitly agreed to keep the war low scale. If anything it more like one grand live fire exercise.

I propose to the Federation that this war between our natrions not end, but be fully formalized with 2 to 3 sectors being deemed "conflict zones" Eventual victory in these zones will determine the victor in this war. In no other area's of the Alpha Quadrant or else where, will the Empire and the Federation willingly fire opon each other.

The Empire is unwilling to permit the Federation hubris of setting "policy" for the Empire. This must end. In every conflict where the Empire and the Federation have been allied the empire has always honorably and fully carried out its mission and carried the conflict to its conclusion. Your Federation may not "trust" the Empire, but there are certain things you most certainly can trust about the Empire. When the Federation is ready to stop deciding policy for the Empire then, and only then can we have peace between our people. The demands of Klingon Honor are different then that of the federation. Its time the Federation stopped acting like the Empire is some sort of reflection of elements of thier own past and accept the Empire's existance, and choice to be What It Is.

Were are not ancient Vulcan warriers, or Tellerite, or human Samuri or any other such thing. The Klingon people were a culture who's world was invaded and conquered during an early medieval era of there development. They were held as slaves for generations on end. But thier conquerers were lazy and discounted the passion of the Klingon heart and soul. The one thing the occupation did was feeze Klingon cultural development. The Klingons eventually overthrew thier oppressors, took thier weapons, thier starships and expnaded. The Hur'q empire was destroyed within just a few short years. And yes, it was genocide. What we have seen in the empire latelyconcerning apparent Hur'q activities, Imperial Intelligence is confident is activities by the Iconians. But on them we must wait. We know thier ships, technology, and weapons are more powerfull then our own. We know theyare more powerfull then the Borg. And we also suspect that there are not very many of them. But untill we have a target, we wait. As does the Federation.

The Conflict Between the Empire and the Federation is very real, and there are unresolved political differences between the two political entities.

Yet, change has happened. The Empire has become more...I must use a human word here. There is no word in the Klingon language that has its meaning.. "Cosmopolitan"

The KDF has ships with mixed crews. Klingon, Orion, Gorn, Lethen, Nausican, And even some Trill have chosen to bring thier skills to the Empire even though Trill is a Federation member world. As of yet no non Klingon sits on the High Council, and someday that may change. Non Klingons do speak for thier people, but ultimate decision making rests for the Empire in the hand of Klingons. The Klingon belive in not fixing what is not broken. Imrpoving it, refining it, evolving it certainly. The Empire is stronger now then before the Dominion war. The KDF is integrated. Its captains loyal, it crews worthy. We have in many ways began to mirror the Federation.

When the federations core races can finally stop thinking of the Empire as some sort of space faring barbarians then there will be a chance at a lasting peace between our peoples. We do not have a "prime directive" yet even when we concquer a non tecnologic world we only use what we need to achive that conquest and no more. We do not belive in crushing a peoples spirit. Nor do we belive it can be done to those that are worthy. There are tens of thousands of aliens not of the core races of the current empire that serve in the KDF both as crew and as ship captains. It is the Klingon Empire because the Klingon sit at its core. They do not maintain power simply by force of arms. There is integrity, honor, and respect.. and there is trust. We simply do not mask our intentions and policies with soft high sounding words to preserves some peoples illusions about the harsh realities of life.. Truth and facts do not concern themselves with the personal feelings of the recipient. It is an unfriendly universe. We choose to recognize this.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Continued in Part 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lt. Commander
# 2 ...........Part 2
02-23-2012, 05:41 PM
I am an Orion. a misnamed "Slave Woman" and I hold the rank of Leiutenant General in the KDF. I command a Battlecruiser that carries some of the most advanced technologies in the Alpha quadrant. I have in my crew Klingons, Orion, Lethan, Nausican, Gorn, Liberated Borg, Trill, Humans, Reman, and more...There are over 1,200 crew abord my ship and less then half are Klingon, and none are slaves. My ship has fought against the Federation. The Romulan. The Breen. The Borg as a part of the Omega Task Force serving under a Federation Admiral. And most recently against a time lost Dominion Fleet.

The Empire is not the enemy of the Federation. But as long as the Federation assumes it can choose policy for the Empire we will have a war between us. And just as in the Dominion war of decades ago we will do what we must to achive victory. We will do what the Federation will not allow its self to do.

Look to the naked stars and consider why the Empire has never brought its full strength to bear against the Federation. You make many assumptions about us. Stop assuming. For now we test ourselves against you. Captains and crews that survive, gain experience and become tempered in the heat of battle. There is no finer forge to turn the raw potential of a ship and crews iron resolve steel.

Be thankfull for this little war. Yes, ships and crews die. Civilians Die That is a consequence of war. But those that survive and are not shattered by the experience are stronger for it. Those that survive have the strength and the will to face the Borg, and the Dominion, and the Iconians, and any other threat to our peoples and the Alpha Quadrant.

Peace. When the Federation finally accepts that the Klingon Empire is not a bunch of raging space going barbarians. Accepts that we have a ligitimate if different view of the universe, and that we have every right to make our own policies even if they conflict with the ideals of the Federation, and that we have our own ideals that must be respected then, and only then will there be an end to war between us.

A goodly part of the Orions left the Federation and came to the empire to be free of persacution, and to preserve tens of thousands of years of culture and tradition because so many of those traditions were in conflict with federation mores. They have colony worlds in the Empire and can keep our old ways under the umbrella of the Empire. All that is required of us is loyal service. The Empire may not trust alaways trust us as a people, but they have learned our honor can be trusted.. We have not dissapointed them. Not all Orions are slavers, pirates, privateers, smugglers, thieves, con men and criminals. We have our ways. We serve the Empire. All else is rubish. The Empire does not seek to change who we are. Unlike the Federation.

This war started because the Federation objected to the Empire choosing to act against Undine infiltration.
The Gorn Kingdon was conquered in a matter of days. The Romulan Empire is a shadow of its former self with many of its most important worlds destroyed, and leader Sela is missing yet we do not go and annex Romulan worlds outright. And there are Romulans in service to the Empire. It is not the continued existance of the Romulan fleet that prevents us from doing so. It is simple wisdom. We do not trust the Romulans over much. Conquering thier colony worlds would be more trouble then it would be worth. They are a war like people and we recognize this, and they would not be easily assimilated into the Empire. There are ex romulan worlds in Klingon possesion that were in the disputed zone. They chose to ask for and accept the serzenity of the Klingon Empire. We provide for thier external security. When the Romulan Empire recovers they may want those worlds back. That is an issue for the future. There is many former Romulan worlds now under Federation control. We are not so different. There is a war in the future. And it will be a very nasty one involving the Romulans.

The Federation and Empire. Alike, but different. A reflection of each other. Accept this and there will be peace. Continue to reject it and there will be war.

Dame Kuiama del Solima
I.K.S. Dancer
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Why are threads like theses poppin up in STO Discussion today?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Why are threads like theses poppin up in STO Discussion today?
They didn't get the message from fleet command about the cease fire because of the Borg invasion, and the Dominion taking over deep space 9.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2012, 05:57 PM
It is a theme.
Next week it will be 100 different people at the same time making new threads about a T5 Connie or some other ridiculous thing.

Answer: Cryptic has no resources to ever put towards the KDF class. And that is including putting either
1) A meaningful war
2) A meaningful peace

so keep it as it was in beta: a missed pitch.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Cryptic has talked about a territory control game in engineering reports before. If we the players want a war then we need to let them know. If enough of us want it; it will happen. I personally refuse to accept it without saying something. Cryptic can do it, but they will cater to the majority.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Complete KDF Faction first plox?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Qa'pla!! Mojdu speech!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Dang Roach.. you really liked that...

I've been immortalized (for a short time anyway) as your tag line! I am honored!
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
Dang Roach.. you really liked that...

I've been immortalized (for a short time anyway) as your tag line! I am honored!
Your whole letter very eloquently stated the KDF position in regards to the federation and tackled some before hard to explain reasons on why the KDF is no-longer a Klingons only club.
I found it very good and thought provoking.
G'hargh SuDrol, privateer, warrior, patriot.