Lt. Commander
# 1 A disturbing idea...
02-23-2012, 04:59 PM
But potentially effective -- although I'm sure I'll get flamed to hell and back for it.

Make a C-Store service purchase, say about 80 C-Store points, that allows you to 'call attention' to a particular bug that you really want fixed -- and once a week, or so, Cryptic could work on the 'most purchased' bug. This would not only give them a fiscal incentive to fix up the game, but It would also give them concrete proof of what is most bothering the players.

Is it overly capitalistic? Probably. I'm not saying they should remove normal bug fixes from the game; but instead add this to function almost like a voting system. As each bug is cleared, the next one in the list is moved up; doing this would ensure that unless you ran into a really obscure bug, it would be fixed in time.

Maybe have people submit bugs to a list that can then be pay-voted on. Preferably, you would want to avoid 'bug of the week' selections and instead go for the longer-running ones.

Call me crazy...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2012, 05:16 PM
We pay for a working product, nobody wants to pay cryptic to fix bugs....but now that you mention it (staring at the game) aren't we kinda doing that now? BTW - I still can't sit down at the conference table.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2012, 05:17 PM
I pay $15/month for this.

I shall do as you asked....you ARE crazy.

What I find disturbing is that all these 1 month if even members think they know better than the 2+ year ones...please experiene the game then ....God forbid...actually make a logic thread.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2012, 05:18 PM
This promotes the idea that purchases are investments. I've heard and spoken with devs before who are adamant that this is not an idea they want to promote.

A better (and equally unlikely) idea would be an employee tip jar.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Worst. Idea. Ever.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Not to be rude or anything, but....that's one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever heard.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Let's all just let this thread die the painful death it deserves.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
What I find disturbing is that all these 1 month if even members think they know better than the 2+ year ones...please experiene the game then ....God forbid...actually make a logic thread.
Yes, thank you for assuming that because I'm new to the game means that I think know better than you. Also, that my thread is not logical.

Feel free to let it die. I was just throwing this out there as an idea of focusing effort.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2012, 05:37 PM
I just really miss the good old days when a company got paid well for making a well though-out game. That was a performance/quality based pay, but somewhere down the line people got greedy and now we get bits and pieces when they need their numbers to come up it seems like.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbeHlpnU View Post
I just really miss the good old days when a company got paid well for making a well though-out game.
That was back in the 90's, then the PS2 happened and ...

Quote:
That was a performance/quality based pay,
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

No.

Things were simple back them, things are now far more complicated now and by complicated I mean the basic grunt work that underlies the system, then we have development cycles that just dont help and its also not back in the 90's were they taken 2-3 years, cycles now are 3-5 years.

Square that did Final Fantasy as their swan song is very different that Square Enix of today, things are very different on the whole industry.

It was never performance/quality based pay, they did the games they wanted to do ... NOW its making games they think they sell, what you GET is exactly that performance/quality based games.

Or have you missed the cries they should raise the price of games (but dont dare raising it knowing it would make the Gaming Industry crash so hard)

Quote:
but somewhere down the line people got greedy and now we get bits and pieces when they need their numbers to come up it seems like.
You can thank the raiding popularity of gaming as entertainment media that come about the same time as the PS2, the "glory days" are not coming back since the days playing Madden was for nerds are long gone.

You cannot unring this bell.

Also its not as if we did not had very ambitions games with severer problems either, The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall was riddled with technical issue but was a very impressive game on what it managed to achieve.