You are crazy - only with your money
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-23-2012, 06:11 PM
No (that's all I gotta say).
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-23-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm just curious, if i pay my 80 c-store points, and my problems isn't the top problem, do I get my money back?

That is just one of the 90 things I see wrong with this idea.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-23-2012, 06:15 PM
0.o wow thats one crazy idea.

I paid a lifetime lumpsum after a years worth of subs....i should get fixes and patchs included

Imagine having to pay microsoft everytime you want some updates to fix problems~?!
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
This promotes the idea that purchases are investments. I've heard and spoken with devs before who are adamant that this is not an idea they want to promote.

A better (and equally unlikely) idea would be an employee tip jar.
So if they aren't investments... what are they? I mean., you're kind of paying with the investment (of sorts) that you're going to get some sort of use out of the game for some unspecified amount of time. What kind of idea are they trying to promote, then?

And with regards to the topic at hand: I must (respectfully) disagree with the OP. While it may seem that waving money under the noses of the beancounters will actually get things fixed (either at all or faster, depending on your cynicism level) I do have to agree with others that we already throw money or threw money or in the case of LTSers threw a LOT of money at the development house to fix bugs. It is in their best interest to fix bugs. And even if they had Bioware's dev team, they still have to prioritize. And then there are the bugs that are intermittent and they can't find easilly. (Of course, then there are the Voldemorts, but they eventually saw the light. It was just not pleasant to watch.)
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Everytime someone comes up with such a ridiculous idea, I think to myself:

"Hey, if you´re so keen to throw money at Cryptic just send them a donation, they sure would like to get some checks from you (and cups of course)".
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkemen
But potentially effective -- although I'm sure I'll get flamed to hell and back for it.

Make a C-Store service purchase, say about 80 C-Store points, that allows you to 'call attention' to a particular bug that you really want fixed -- and once a week, or so, Cryptic could work on the 'most purchased' bug. This would not only give them a fiscal incentive to fix up the game, but It would also give them concrete proof of what is most bothering the players.

Is it overly capitalistic? Probably. I'm not saying they should remove normal bug fixes from the game; but instead add this to function almost like a voting system. As each bug is cleared, the next one in the list is moved up; doing this would ensure that unless you ran into a really obscure bug, it would be fixed in time.

Maybe have people submit bugs to a list that can then be pay-voted on. Preferably, you would want to avoid 'bug of the week' selections and instead go for the longer-running ones.

Call me crazy...
I am for this idea, if we use your pool of C-points!
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Make a C-Store service purchase, say about 80 C-Store points, that allows you to 'call attention' to a particular bug that you really want fixed -- and once a week, or so, Cryptic could work on the 'most purchased' bug
that almost borders extortion. pay people to fix bugs? how about they use the money they are already making to fix the bugs. do you buy a burger at mcdonalds and then pay extra for them to cook the burger properly if you get it half raw?

Quote:
Also, that my thread is not logical.
the thread isn't logical. keeping the game running, expanding and fixed when it needs fixing is where the money we already pay is supposed to go.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-23-2012, 07:02 PM
I seriously would view paying specifically for fixes that should be worked on regardless as a form of extortion. Sorry, this idea would be among the worst I have seen in recent memory.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Okay, okay. I just wanted to point out that a large portion of the player-base no longer has to pay anything to play this game; so perhaps make it so those who subbed or lifed get to submit for free?

Or I could just exit the internet, stage left. =P