Lt. Commander
# 101
09-03-2009, 09:09 PM
signed up as well hopefully able to get in as well.
Lt. Commander
# 102
09-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I bet applications are flying in!
Lt. Commander
# 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagerbolt View Post
Whoohoo! My old PC just barely made the minimum requirements based on the questions. Maybe I'll get in with the "Let's see how old computers handle it" group.

Either way I am glad that beta apps are open even if I am not picked. Sign that development is coming along.
That's the group I'm banking on, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 104
I've had the fortune of being able to work in the industry - at first as someone whom went to playtests and beta tests (either open or closed) and later as an actual Quality Assurance Tester. While I am glad to work in the field, glad to contribute to making better games in my own 'grunt of the videogame industry' fashion... I've rarely been this enthused to seeing the opportunity to join in a MMOG's closed beta.

I've sat on my father's lap watching reruns of Star Trek TOS. In my early teens, Star Trek TNG came around. I practically grew up with Star Trek as being one of the things that interested both my father and I... so seeing it turn out to be a truly immersive and interactive experience had me quite stoked. Heck, I've been rewatching the TNG episodes on Youtube - both out of nostalgia and in a desire to re-acquaint myself with the 'trek' itself... something the adventures of Kirk and Picard best symbolized in my mind.

And now we come to the point where Cryptic Studios is ready to take in Closed Beta applications. I am thrilled and profoundly appreciative. Barring if, or if not I am selected as a Closed beta applicant... I must commend the staff of Cryptic studios for the monumental work that it took them to come up to this point; and while I certainly have vested interest in their success I still feel the praise in itself is amply deserved.

I look forward to the opportunity of having a first glimpse of STO and perhaps having a chance to contribute to its success.
Lt. Commander
# 105
09-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Yay! Another beta opportunity!
Lt. Commander
# 106
09-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorbek View Post
Woohoo!!!!! Sweet that lifetimes and 6 mos will be there from the beginning. I can't wait to test!!!
Me too Lifetime CO^^
Lt. Commander
# 107
09-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Application submitted.
Lt. Commander
# 108
09-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Wait were we supposed to get an email confirmation? Cause I definitely didn't, it just says application pending.
Lt. Commander
# 109
09-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Alright, Beta Signups! Hope my luck is good enough. /knocks on wood.

Though I'm still hoping to win a Secured Beta slot in the upcoming contests!
Lt. Commander
# 110
09-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I was lucky enough to win one of the contest spots but mostly Im just really happy to see that STO has made such great progress. Way back in the beginning, my Trek fandom had me really really wanting a Star Trek MMO but it was difficult to see how it would work in a balanced way and just from the postings so far it's really surprised me. Its thrilling to be a part of helping to make an impact on a Trek property of any kind and I cant wait to see what they have in store for us.