Lt. Commander
# 1121
11-08-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm so Startled
Lt. Commander
# 1122 What was the Point?
11-09-2009, 10:25 PM
What was the point to getting the Champions Online subscription that allows us to be a part of the Star Trek Online Closed Beta if Cryptic is not going to follow through with thier promise? Honestly the only reason I got a 6-month subscription to Champions Online was to be in the closed Beta for Star Trek Online & now I have to apply just like every one else? That makes no sense to me at all!!! So far I am not to pleased with this company but I have no chioce but to hang in there now since I spent so much money on Champions Online....Just hope I actually get access to this (Star Trek Online) closed Beta cause if not this will be the last time I buy any game from this company. Further more isn't that false advertisement saying that you you have a spot in the closed beta & you actually paid for a spot through getting Champions Online but you actually dont recieve a spot or anything? Just wondering

I also found this as a posting on the Star Trek Online news archive "If you purchased a six-month or lifetime subscription to Champions Online, you’re already accepted to the Star Trek Online beta and won’t need to apply. We’ll have more information about how and when you can join the beta at a later date. "
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/365

So why am I still having to apply? And I was completely un-aware that Beta had started until I looked on the website today & found out that it started on Oct. 22...Why was I not e-mailed or told anything about it starting since I did buy a six-month subscription to Champions Online?
Lt. Commander
# 1123
11-10-2009, 06:50 AM
:sigh: You don't need to apply. Why don't you click on the Dev Tracker and do some research. Your questions have already been answered numerous times.
Lt. Commander
# 1124 plz tell me more
11-12-2009, 12:06 PM
ok is this game going to be a pay to play like WOW and why would it be like that when im use to free sites to play on
Lt. Commander
# 1125
11-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
:sigh: You don't need to apply. Why don't you click on the Dev Tracker and do some research. Your questions have already been answered numerous times.
Whoa kirbo. Reel it in. Yes you do need to apply apparently. That's why they made a link there on your account status page, so they can figure out what your "system" is and whether or not you'd be able to handle the game. Granted, yes I think that's a bogus excuse to try and do AFTER already saying we're accepted, but it's how they went and did it. Again, I am not saying it makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 1126
11-20-2009, 01:54 AM
Im in the same case, I paid the CO six months subscription for the STO beta, and I have no mail or something about it. And having to apply for the beta is not fair at all. I just hope they let me in soon or I will cancel the subscription and won't play STO at all. Five years waiting, and the offers are a fraud.

Incredible, and no mail to ask or something.
Lt. Commander
# 1127
11-20-2009, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attricus View Post

Incredible, and no mail to ask or something.
Just part of the quote is what bothers me...
I signed up for the closed beta and in order to do so I had to make an account with cryptic...
Well It says when I log in that no mail account for me could be found... I emailed cryptic at there contact us page (which has since been removed) for just these problems.

What happened I got an auto mailer responce and nothing has been done yet.

I can't get pm's and I can't get e-mail account to work ever and then they expect me to pay for STO when it comes out...Hmmm.... Somehow I don't think I'll be buying STO anytime soon if their customer service doesn't get better..

Way to go cryptic!!!
Go ahead and keep ****ing off the people that might have bought your game but decided against it because you can't even get the e-mail system working....
And if you think that you can just sit on the IP and have the money rolling in because of it, think again...
Bad customer service will kill a business very quickly...
Hello!?! Is anyone in there, hello cryptic customer service WAKE UP ALREADY!
Lt. Commander
# 1128
11-20-2009, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ric240 View Post
ok is this game going to be a pay to play like WOW and why would it be like that when im use to free sites to play on
It's nothing like WoW.
Lt. Commander
# 1129
11-20-2009, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalobabingbong View Post
It's nothing like WoW.
He meant "pay to play" like WoW, not "gameplay" like WoW.

To answer his question, yes, it will be subscription based, but it will also have micro-transactions in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 1130
11-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
He meant "pay to play" like WoW, not "gameplay" like WoW.

To answer his question, yes, it will be subscription based, but it will also have micro-transactions in-game.
My bad, I misread his post. Thanks for the correction.