Lt. Commander
# 1 shuttle wars ruined...
02-23-2012, 05:39 PM
so with the yellowstone comming and its free eject warp plasma... which only can be used on small craft and shuttles.... who else thinks shuttle wars will be runined?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
so with the yellowstone comming and its free eject warp plasma... which only can be used on small craft and shuttles.... who else thinks shuttle wars will be runined?
Until we see what the power does I don't think we can jump to conclusions to quickly. It seems like the power only slows and shuts down engines, there could be no damage. Or very little of it.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Could also just outlaw its use for such an event. Seeing as the reason most people do it is too get away from all the p2w crap for awhile I don't think that would be an issue.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2012, 06:08 PM
It's already banned at the moment you said free eject warp plasma.
It's power far exceeds that of the borg console which is what I guage to be the best upper limit console allowed for shuttle wars. And it definitely by that same virtue exceeds the 1 tac console on a shuttle. So you could just roll both, a borg and this.

Yeah Definitely Banned.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
It's already banned at the moment you said free eject warp plasma.
But no one knows exactly what the power does yet! It could be completely useless aside from the slow/engine shut down.

We'd have to wait and see.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
But no one knows exactly what the power does yet! It could be completely useless aside from the slow/engine shut down.

We'd have to wait and see.

-Quiiliitiila
It's a free extra tractor beam at the minimum. Just imagine a Flyer with Tractor beam, and this. At the mere cost of a console slot? Yes please. It's stronger already than a borg console would be and the borg console is stronger than the friggin sci consoles you can use.

Slowing and stopping engines alone is exceedingly powerful in shuttle wars. As I imagine it's an AOE this makes it even more powerful than tractor beam.

The whole reason I host shuttle wars is for everyone to sit down have fun and get away from the Cstore Spamfest known as pvp for abit. I'm not going to start allowing that kind of non sense in. I might as well let AMS in while I'm at it too then if I'm going to let this in. Or Theta Radiation... or god knows what else. No.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Stick to your guns, Mav
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
It's a free extra tractor beam at the minimum.
I think that is not a console power as its not described along with the +32 to Warp Core Potential and Eject Warp Plasma, it looks to me its the Runabout special Ability just like the Ody comes with that Advanced Slipstream ability.

However the console can be put on another small craft.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Well I guess it will be the first small craft banned then :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Mav, it looks like the ability comes with the special engine the ship is equipped with. It can be removed. Looks like the TB is native, though. As it is on the standard Danube.

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2887

Edit: I am also more than a little worried that Cryptic has started attaching abilities to engines...