Lt. Commander
# 21
02-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stararmy View Post
The only way I would support this is if you were able to target and kill any player using this skin. I.S.S. ships are the enemy and should be reserved for enemy NPC ships.
So are Jem'Hadar and Cardassians (at least partly). And that's the point. The moment Terran Empire skins just float next to regular Starfleet and doing the same quests it's just over. Throw the friggin game away, just let people choose whatever appearance they want. Wether it be Federation, Klingon, Mirror, Rebel Alliance, Cylons, Aliens, Predators, Kilrathi, Ninja Turtles and the frigging ******n BATMAN.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalic89
i dont think the Feds should get the purple colour look and the I.S.S prefix i would much rather wait for the Terran empire to come out as a faction even if that may be 2 even 3 years down the line
Never happen. The Feddies on the Mirror Universe side are explicitly bad guys.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Hmmm, when I have access to the Foundry again, I'll have to restart work on my Mirror Universe mission.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-24-2012, 09:03 AM
I'd like to have a S.S. reg on a runabout or fighter, would go better with my main than a NX or NCC registry.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
I already dislike the purple Terran theme enough as-is, the thing that's supposed to differentiate their ships is hull markings.

But seeing it on 'Starfleet' ships?

Oh my head....

I already hate the Borg set with a vengeance, and am swiftly loosing my taste for the Aegis set.
How very dare you, I quite like the "TRON" look
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Meh, I'm still not for this because we're the Federation in the prime universe, not the Mirror. I say make it a future faction in a couple years or so after KDF Romulan, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Meh, I'm still not for this because we're the Federation in the prime universe, not the Mirror. I say make it a future faction in a couple years or so after KDF Romulan, etc.
you might be... maybe the rest of us want change ? :O... oowww i know... cival war!
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassGeek View Post
Never happen. The Feddies on the Mirror Universe side are explicitly bad guys.
what do you mean it will never happen because the mirror guys are bad guys the Klingons arnt exactly good neither are the Romulans or the Dominion so just because there bad guys doesnt mean they wont become a playable team
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Well, here's a totally different theory I've got about this:

in the MU they didn't have a clue about the Wormhole unitl the DS9 episode where Kira and Bashir came through it.
The Terran Empire was not existing for a very long time and therfore there was no further devloping of their technology.
Perhaps after getting rid of the Alliance there was a MU Dominion War where the Empire won and incorporated the tech used by the Dominion into their own ships and thus close the technologial gap between themselves and the Federation of this universe instead of lagging behind for sevral decades.
Or better yet... When the Terran resistance captured Bajor, they discovered the Orbs locked in storage. We know that the Bajorans of that reality are not the spiritual people that we know from "our" reality. So it is likely that when they received their orbs, they had no idea how to use them, and certainly did not have an open-ness of mind to make sense of anything they might have seen. They likely would have simply listed the orbs as objects emitting some sort of halucinagenic radiation and locked them away for "further study".

Now the Terran Resistance is aware of the Orbs. What if they decided to make use of one of them in particular: The Orb of Time.

What if there is a Terran Empire operative in "our" reality involved in a 3-stage plan:

Stage 1: Infiltrater Starfleet and obtain technical data concerning starships and weapon systems.
Stage 2: Apply the same sort of effect that allows them to beam between realities to the subspace radio and transmit the data.
Stage 3: They use the Orb of Time to travel back to before the Terran Empire fell to the Alliance and confide with Spock what was coming and pass the data to him where it can be hidden until after the Alliance is overthrown.

Shipyards once under Allaince control now produce the war machines of the revived Terran Empire under the name Terran Federation. The preserved technical data and access to the facilities needed to use it would account for encounters with TF starships with comparable strength and capabilities as Starfleet vessels.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick_Hawkke
You must hate the Reman shields with a burning rage reserved for empty milk cartons in the fridge!
Actually, only on Fed ships.

On Klingon ships I can see Reman tech being used.
I also actually rather like the visual effect of the Omega and KHG sets on Klingon ships.

As for MACO, I'm still on the fence.
I have to get it slotted on my Sao Paulo first and have a long look under different light conditions.

The one ship type the Borg set looks at home on are those Naussican ships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
How very dare you, I quite like the "TRON" look
I loved it for a while, but its way way too high profile.
It needs to be about 20% more subtle.