Lt. Commander
# 1 Making Ships More realistic...
02-23-2012, 07:24 PM
A idea.. When a enemy disables your engine, your ship can stop fully, and there can be "Repair engine Yes or No" When u click Yes, it will show u how long to repair. Even weapons for these people who would like to feel like they're really living in a star trek world. Also, hull damages can be shown. Like Deck E something like that, it can show it's damaged and people coming out. Something like that. When u visit bridge when u ship is damaged, it can show hulls that are destoryed and field blocking u to come though. Repairing can be long, short it can depend how much the enemy ship is firing at, and how long it have been firing in one spot. U can come to a starbase to pay or for free to repair it. Crew rate can be refreshed at a starbase. for example U lost 300 crews during that attack with Klingons, It can slow down u repair and the ability. I realize, it may add lags and bugs to fix. Still I think it'll be cool to have these. How ever, for these people who hate this idea, u can turn it off or u change u mind, u can turn it on.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmassena View Post
Making Ships More realistic...
ya!
Like if I hit a Fed ship on a Nacelle Pylons, the Nacelle is broken off! (Critical Engine Damage)
This would reduce warp speed to beow Warp 1 and negate Transwap until you return to ESD for repairs.

I like the idea of more Realism.
Like it should actually take you a week to get to Risa from Sol System.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
ya!
Like if I hit a Fed ship on a Nacelle Pylons, the Nacelle is broken off! (Critical Engine Damage)
This would reduce warp speed to beow Warp 1 and negate Transwap until you return to ESD for repairs.

I like the idea of more Realism.
Like it should actually take you a week to get to Risa from Sol System.
Yeah! It would be epic to see my own ship's Nacelee get blown out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2012, 07:59 PM
For more realism how about when your ship gets destroyed you have to float around in an escape pod until someone finds you and returns your to ESD they you have to buy a new ship that will that 3-6 months to build.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by convoy7734
For more realism how about when your ship gets destroyed you have to float around in an escape pod until someone finds you and returns your to ESD they you have to buy a new ship that will that 3-6 months to build.

Great idea, how about Non player ship and Player ship can pick u up. We don't want to wait floating for like 2 days for a player ship to find us. but, there can be a special mission. Maybe a pick up escape pod mission. If u find the player pod before Non player ship finds the person U get good exps, something like that?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by convoy7734
Ummm if I wanted to waste my life sitting waiting around instead of playing the game, yeah. But there's already a sci fi mmo for that. It's called EVE.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2012, 08:52 PM
but if you get that tpye of damage in pvp or stf you spend 5 minutes fixing it while the rest of your team suffer? no thank you
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Realistic?

How about when you die, your character gets deleted.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
Realistic?

How about when you die, your character gets deleted.
Or your computer explodes in your face when the ship takes severe damage...

Exploding consoles ftw!
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2012, 09:09 PM
If your ships engines are disabled, it wouldn't be realistic to come to a full stop. You should keep the same velocity you had when your engines broke.