Lt. Commander
# 1 I love the patches but........
02-24-2012, 12:17 AM
I just want to say that I love all the work you guys have been putting into patching the game all up. Good fixes, typos, graphical enhancements. But, can we please start getting more content any time soon? The feature episodes are great but we need something to do in between the lull, something more than repeating the STF's (don't get me started on those). Let's fill up the Iconian storyline, and flesh out the Klingon war stor, maybe add some more missions (other than the dailies) to the Defiri. It would also be nice to get some random contacts from section 31, and have the onetime option to accept or decline the mission that would later either grant us or refuse us certain abilities, equipment, or contacts/allegiances/alliances or even Reputation.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyd84 View Post
I just want to say that I love all the work you guys have been putting into patching the game all up. Good fixes, typos, graphical enhancements. But, can we please start getting more content any time soon? The feature episodes are great but we need something to do in between the lull, something more than repeating the STF's (don't get me started on those). Let's fill up the Iconian storyline, and flesh out the Klingon war stor, maybe add some more missions (other than the dailies) to the Defiri. It would also be nice to get some random contacts from section 31, and have the onetime option to accept or decline the mission that would later either grant us or refuse us certain abilities, equipment, or contacts/allegiances/alliances or even Reputation.
What you do not seem to understand is that "the lull" you mentioned is the time it takes them to create the kinds of content you are talking about. So regardless of what they do next, there is going to be a "lull" between now and then simply because it takes time to make it. And that is always going to be the case, between the content you are playing now and whatever content they release in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Also, based on what they've said so far, you should only expect 1 more series this year, (5 episodes apart from the ones in the current series), and C-Store fluff...

This game is not a game of content... It's a game of shiny ships and lockboxes I am affraid. /sad
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Hello there,

To give a better understanding of what is upcoming later this year, this engineering report from STOwiki might give some insight..

http://www.stowiki.org/Engineering_reports/20110819
Lt. Commander
# 5 Content
02-24-2012, 12:45 AM
STO has always had week end game content. The Klingons do not even have a female cloth pack after two years. What many people would count as basic must haves. Two years down the road STO dose not have.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Also, based on what they've said so far, you should only expect 1 more series this year, (5 episodes apart from the ones in the current series), and C-Store fluff...

This game is not a game of content... It's a game of shiny ships and lockboxes I am affraid. /sad

Could you please name one MMO that has days and days worth of end game content? By this I mean that I can do 7-8 quests a day, not counting super short daily's, for about 2-3 weeks with out the same quest popping up?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2012, 12:48 AM
Quote:

F2P is changing my expectations for the game. Granted I've already paid for a LT sub, but I still try to think of it as if I were a subscriber. And with F2P I wouldnt keep subscribing, I would simply play for free and buy any specific things I might want.

Getting to the point, if I am going to play a game for free I wouldnt have as high expectations as I would if I had to pay every month, and I would be much more willing to accept the Foundry as "real" content than I would otherwise.

So going forward I'm pretty much just going to point people lamenting the lack of content to the Foundry. And if they say that doesnt count, my response will be you get to play the game for free. And I think that if STO had actually launched F2P and with the Foundry up and running people would have a completely different viewpoint on content.

Of course, it would make a world of difference if they actually picked a great mission to highlight every week and stuck on a special bonus reward for playing it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2012, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross82
Could you please name one MMO that has days and days worth of end game content? By this I mean that I can do 7-8 quests a day, not counting super short daily's, for about 2-3 weeks with out the same quest popping up?
Since I don't player other MMO's and never have, the obvious question is no...

I don't belive that is the topic either... He asked about when more content was coming, and I answered... Wich is rather obvious too.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2012, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Since I don't player other MMO's and never have, the obvious question is no...

I don't belive that is the topic either... He asked about when more content was coming, and I answered... Wich is rather obvious too.
Then you don't understand this game is only two years old and for part of it there was major changes going on back stage that stopped the flow of new content not only that but players will use up any new content before more can be made. Welcome to the world of MMO's. The only MMO's with large end game content are the ones that have been around for years.

If you want more content then you know what to do with then go play Everquest. It was started 1999 and has around 12+ exp packs. Tho its now a old out dated system with small player base that gets even smaller as the years go by and its till pay to play but hey you never run out of stuff to do. There are still over 1,000 quests that have not even been found but again game was started in 1999 not two years ago and you just start playing the game more then 10 years later, I think I made my point.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross82
~Snip
O I understand perfectly... I just don't care...

I am not gonna argue on this, since it's not the thread topic.