Lt. Commander
Hi STO fans,

I have a problem with my ground power tray. Sometimes it gets totally disabled and I can only walk around. Hotkeys which are not related to the power tray functions still work but I can not shoot or using any other combat ability. Even clicking on the power tray icons don't work. The only way I found so far to reset this is to logout and login again.

I am not sure if this is a bug or a problem on my side. Does anybody know that problem as well and even better has somebody a better solution than loging out.

Please help, because this is very annoying, especially in STFs and PvP.

Welan
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 01:20 AM
I was running an STF (Infected Ground) the other night, and half-way in my weapons fire buttons stopped working. I could still use other tool bar abilities, but I could not use any weapon, either from the toolbar or from pressing 1 or 2 on my keyboard.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 05:53 AM
During the last Breen episode yesterday my toolbar completely stopped to respond. I couldn't fire with my mouse either. Fortunately after a few respawns my boffs took out that Breen tough guy. Very annoying bug.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2012, 08:09 AM
I also get this annoying problem, it is an issue, my entire action bar becomes un-usable.

It is like a Klingon without honour.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvakk
I also get this annoying problem, it is an issue, my entire action bar becomes un-usable.

It is like a Klingon without honour.

I, too, have been experiencing this problem.

I read elsewhere on these fora that it is a known bug that the devs are having trouble tracking down.

While it is not consistent, I have noticed that I'm more likely to get the bug if I'm switching weapon mode.

ie, if I hit the melee button or switch to my phasers secondary attack. I always do this from my mouse, not the power bar per se.

It is a very annoying problem and I've had to replay levels where my Boffs just couldn't cut it on their own.

However, if i can limp to the next checkpoint I can usually beam up to and back from my ship, which seems to solve it. Although it does seem, in those cases, to have an increased probability of exhibiting itself later on.

I may be wrong, but it also seems to exhibit somewhat less if I've customised my power bar. If I leave the icons where they fall it seems to happen more often.

I ought to point out though, that this is the only glitch thats seriously impacted gameplay for me. Otherwise, a huge and complex game works pretty well.