Lt. Commander
# 1 Let us replay PATROL missions
02-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Because they are awesome!

It doesn't need voiceover, a long story or a completely new social zone to excite me.

Omar, Kinjer, Kei System Patrols are nice - they have awesome system backgrounds, asteroid fields etc and the space combat is fun. Especially in open groups with players of various level ranges, you sometimes really get to face huge enemy squadrons.

I just experienced this again with a lower level alt, and it rocked. This is what made me subscribe to STO.

Now I realized that the missions are one-time only. Any chance to make them replayable? Maybe with a (random) timer or something like that. It would a pity to see all the wonderful systems only once while levelling. They are often much prettier than the totally random nebula exploration missions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 07:48 AM
They need to make a patrol daily for each sector. Do 3 patrols in that sector, and you can pick which ones. They are about as long as the cluster missions so it would be about the same.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 08:11 AM
That would be good, as would a "Rerun a Feature Episode series" daily or weekly mission.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2012, 08:13 AM
I cheat and just group up with someone who hasn't done them, then I get to do them again. I match his/her level and it is fun.

So... I love the idea of allowing us to do them again.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2012, 10:40 AM
There's just one tiny problem. Klinks don't have any patrols.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Oh! Well, WTH!!!! I wish they would open up the Patrols to PVP by player choice. That would make things interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Aren't patrol missions repeatable? I was under the impression that they have long cooldown (like 2-3 days) but are repeatable...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by difens View Post
Aren't patrol missions repeatable? I was under the impression that they have long cooldown (like 2-3 days) but are repeatable...
Fairly sure I reran most of the ones in Siruis on my VA I had played since Beta, or it could have been an alt, can't remember exactly but it is worth taking a look at again, I love the blow up the space docks mission, that is oddly fun just wasting random structures haha.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
They need to make a patrol daily for each sector. Do 3 patrols in that sector, and you can pick which ones. They are about as long as the cluster missions so it would be about the same.
That's a fantastic idea, and yes Patrols should be repeatable. 20 hour cooldown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
This is a massive issue, and something I would love to see resolved.

I would love for some form of "patrol" (or marauding?) type mission for the KDF.

This has to be significantly easier to implement than huge storyline type content as well, but has the potential to add a lot of quick value to the game.

Hell, put the players on it.

Ask for foundry submissions for KDF patrols mission design/dialogue and make it a contest where winners whose missions are chosen win some kind of in-game reward (chunk of dilithium, EDCs, a special title, whatever).
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Klingons have a 30 or 60 min recharge mission chain in Pi Canis, Sortie Alpha and Sortie Beta with "The Path of the Warrior" as bonus for completing with bonus objectives.

Patrol missions could be made similar to this and nebula exploration missions.