Lt. Commander
# 11
02-25-2012, 05:51 AM
Year of Hell was one of the more interesting premises in the "standstill" that calls itself Voyager.
It deserved a bigger arc of at least 3 episodes.
But that would´ve "broken the mold". Entirely too much creative out of the Box thinking for the likes of Berman& Braga.

Small wonder it got 2 episodes at all. Probably Jeri Ryan vigorously tending to her "girlfriendly duties" leading to Braga´s head deflating for a small period of time.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-25-2012, 06:43 AM
the reset button nature of it needed it to be a two part story, but in many ways i wish that had been the premise of the whole 7 seasons. each season voyager should take a little more of a beating. the final ep the ship should probably have just about limped home.

i swear voyager came back in better shape than when it left, which did nothing to create any tension of being lost in deep space, but the show is ultimately star trek and it needed to have some positivity.

i would not want it to become battlestar galactica or anything. as much as i liked that show each series needs to keep its identity. just look at stargate universe. it lost its identity and while enjoyable it was not a stargate show. voyager was very star trek but they could have been in the alpha quadrant for most of it for all the difference it made.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-25-2012, 06:55 AM
Voyager had too many creature comforts for me to care that they were stranded on the other side of the galaxy. One of the writers for the show said in an interview awhile back that they too were irked over the way Voyager was presented. it was an amazing concept that lacked true follow through. They should have taken a beating every year they were out there, had no Holodeck, more tension between the Maquie and Starfleet crews, etc. Instead every week the ship was restored to factory condition despite the previous episode.

In fact that was continued until Enterprise NX-01 encountered the Romulan minefield, and had to make repairs the next episode.