Lt. Commander
... many things stay the same...well maybe not many.

Cryptic, what about, a really good update to the game, and spend some time fixing bugs that live with us for some time? Would not that be nice?

We all appreciate new content, new stuff, new items (almost) and so on...but come on... why not really make some effort to fix many bugs that the player base have been complaining for some time?

Need some examples?

- C-Store items for example... after all is not the C-Store where you are going to make money now? Many players cannot see some items there, me included.

- STF Team bug, dropping the team in a middle of a STF is already bad enough, is even worst when a federation player cannot invite a Klingon player because of the racial issue bla bla. At least give us the option of making a team with Klingon players on STF´s.

Need more examples?

Wait until the community start answering this post.

p.s.
Yes, this probably should be in the BUGS section of the forum but it is more of a plea then complaining about some bug.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 08:02 AM
1 patch per month instead of 1 per week you mean? Might be nice i guess. Would allow them to test things better i would imagine.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar_351
We all appreciate new content, new stuff, new items (almost) and so on...but come on... why not really make some effort to fix many bugs that the player base have been complaining for some time?
It is my understanding that the people who create the new content are not the same people who fix bugs, therefore the 2 issues are unrelated.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2012, 08:04 AM
I think it depends on the bug nagus. If the bug was created during content creation then they would be the ones who would have to fix it. If it was a coding bug more so than a content bug then the coding guys would be the fixers etc.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
It is my understanding that the people who create the new content are not the same people who fix bugs, therefore the 2 issues are unrelated.
Talk about the right hand not know what the left is doing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
... many things stay the same...well maybe not many.

Cryptic, what about, a really good update to the game, and spend some time fixing bugs that live with us for some time? Would not that be nice?

Need some examples?

- C-Store items for example... after all is not the C-Store where you are going to make money now? Many players cannot see some items there, me included.

- STF Team bug, dropping the team in a middle of a STF is already bad enough, is even worst when a federation player cannot invite a Klingon player because of the racial issue bla bla. At least give us the option of making a team with Klingon players on STF´s.

Need more examples?

Wait until the community start answering this post.

p.s.
Yes, this probably should be in the BUGS section of the forum but it is more of a plea then complaining about some bug.
I think this post should provide more and not rely on the community to pick it up. None of these are critical to gameplay. The dropping group is easily remedied by inviting everyone back. I think they've been keeping on top of things rather well for bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BClark_09
You probably wouldn't want a truck mechanic fixing the plane you're going to be flying on your next vacation. In the same vein, you probably don't want ship artists and designers fixing bugs relating to teaming in STFs and PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BClark_09
Exactly, so just because they create content, and more bugs into the game, they have their hands clean? "please I do not care about bugs, you fix it, i just make crappy buggy content)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
The dropping group is easily remedied by inviting everyone back. I think they've been keeping on top of things rather well for bugs.
Did you even read the post? Yes, everyone can be invited, but not everyone if you have 3 feds and 2 Klingons.

The point is not talking about the bugs, there is a section for that on the forums, the point is spending sometime fixing old bugs.
The more stuff are introduced into the game, items, content, etc, the more bugs are going to come up. Some bugs are in this game for over a year and it seams everyone forget about it. If we, the player base, that PAYS for the game, on way or the other, dont speak about it, many things will go forgotten.

A company is interested in making money, and if someone complains about a particular issue with their product, they might start checking, but in the mean time they think " dont bother with that, lets get more stuff for them to buy".

When just 10 people complain is one thing, when 10000 complain is another.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Exactly, so just because they create content, and more bugs into the game, they have their hands clean? "please I do not care about bugs, you fix it, i just make crappy buggy content)
There are a lot if issues involved here. The first is that Cryptic is under the gun with the FEs. They have to get a new part out each week, and that leads to them being a little more rushed and less tested. That lack of testing can cause problems in other areas of the game that are unexpected. That leads to the QA team trying to get things fixed in the week prior to the next patch. It becomes a viscous circle at FE time.

Once the FE rush has passed you'll not see the weekly maintenance patches focus more on bugs rather then getting on the next needed thing, IME.