Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
The dropping group is easily remedied by inviting everyone back.
Except if you a Fed on a all Kling group or vice-versa.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
This validates the kind of bug free content cryptic puts out.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-24-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
There are a lot if issues involved here. The first is that Cryptic is under the gun with the FEs. They have to get a new part out each week, and that leads to them being a little more rushed and less tested. That lack of testing can cause problems in other areas of the game that are unexpected. That leads to the QA team trying to get things fixed in the week prior to the next patch. It becomes a viscous circle at FE time.

Once the FE rush has passed you'll not see the weekly maintenance patches focus more on bugs rather then getting on the next needed thing, IME.
And do you think that will calm down after that? It is not. Sooner or latter they going to get more stuff into the game, after all they have to make you keep playing it.

If this game starts to drop in quality, because for me is starting dropping a bit just because of the technical issues, I would hate this to be one more Startrek game failing because of bad quality control. Now that Cryptic was bought by perfect world, one more reason to start pressing some issues even more.

This is just my 2 cents ofc...
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar_351
And do you think that will calm down after that? It is not. Sooner or latter they going to get more stuff into the game, after all they have to make you keep playing it.
Keeping in mind that the next FE will not be out for about 6 months I'd say that makes quite a bit of difference. Weekly patches can focus on bugs and minor additions - generally new C-Store items - rather then trying to get weekly Mission Content into the game. This is especially true now that the Server issues seem to be more under control now compared to where they were even 2 weeks ago.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
It is my understanding that the people who create the new content are not the same people who fix bugs, therefore the 2 issues are unrelated.
Is this why functionality constantly gets blown to pieces whenever new content is pushed to the game?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
Is this why functionality constantly gets blown to pieces whenever new content is pushed to the game?
you don't want programmers to also be testers. I was a programmer for 15 years and at some points was both at the same time and it doesn't work.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
you don't want programmers to also be testers. I was a programmer for 15 years and at some points was both at the same time and it doesn't work.
Well, what do you suggest they do? The Tribble Test Server is pointless, since they ignore all the tickets generated there.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
Well, what do you suggest they do? The Tribble Test Server is pointless, since they ignore all the tickets generated there.
Just spend money on the Cstore and everything will be fine.

Kerrat has been broken since beta. Has anything ever been done with it?
Cloak has been broken for 14 months.
The Voquv BOPS have been broken for like 5 months.
It isn't like they don't know it is broken. It is priorities.

It doesn't matter. Just buy the emote pack and yellowstone runabout and it will all go away.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Just spend money on the Cstore and everything will be fine.

Kerrat has been broken since beta. Has anything ever been done with it?
Cloak has been broken for 14 months.
The Voquv BOPS have been broken for like 5 months.
It isn't like they don't know it is broken. It is priorities.

It doesn't matter. Just buy the emote pack and yellowstone runabout and it will all go away.
Yeah, I really should just give in and drink the PWE Kool-Aid at this point.

Thank god Cryptic doesn't make console games. They'd be unplayable.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-24-2012, 09:55 AM
If they aren't going to pay attention to certain bugs then they should fix it where we can exploit that bug. For example, and bear with me because this is just theoretical. Everytime you experience a bug issue we recieve a free cardassian lock box. But it would first be inside a mystery box. j/k