Lt. Commander
HI everyone... I havent posted in a while

Is it just me or have uncommon, rare, and very rare items lost their true rarity? Seems like everytime I pick up a drop that is Rare or even Very Rare, there is already too many on the exchange and the value of said item is effectively negged.

I was also disappointed yesterday when I finally managed to obtain a Gold Cardassian Lock box, only to try and sell it on the exchange and find it was bound... WTH?

I have almost 100 stockpiled Uncommon cardassian boxes which are essentially worthless on the exchange... the reason being is that these drop WAY too often... I was even getting them from shooting down plasma torpedoes. I was excited to finally find a very rare one.

So my only choices were to discard it or buy a key and open it... I could care less about getting a Galor class, I just wanted the EC for it but since I couldnt sell it, I bought a key, and all I got was a Duty Officer pack... gee thanks...

I think the Common and Uncommon Unreplicatable materials should be found in the wild, just like Rare particle traces... obviously the dealer is getting them from somewhere... someone should interrogate him and find out where, I cant believe he (a non-ferengi btw) has the market cornered on these and should be the sole supplier.

Although I agree with the direction this forces, making it very difficult to gather the necessary materials to craft very rare high mark items, I think it should be tweaked a little bit. The price to buy 1 Uncommon Unrep material is 1000 dilithium? This makes it seem like a real waste to research anything until you reach the skill cap because you have to invest so much to research something only to have it obsolete once you level up. I think that we should find these in the wild with the same rarity as particle traces and either the price should be lowered or the number required to research should be lowered.

Data samples and rare particle traces also seem to have lost their rarity and therefore their value. I cant even sell a stack of 250 data samples on the exchange for a reasonable profit anymore, particle traces also have little value. I remember when particle traces and data samples made big money on the exchange since it took work to gather them. I suspect that this is due to the changes in crafting requirements and the ongoing metaphasic event hour thats been occurring.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPeacemaker
So my only choices were to discard it or buy a key and open it... I could care less about getting a Galor class, I just wanted the EC for it but since I couldnt sell it, I bought a key, and all I got was a Duty Officer pack... gee thanks...
Please email it to me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 08:56 AM
I'll ease your burden by taking on some of these "special" items for you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2012, 09:08 AM
just keep buying keys and open the boxes already.....you can afford it
Quote:
"Intel Core i7 960 O.C. 4.2Ghz | 12GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 2000 | PNY Geforce 570 GTX 1280MB | WEI 7.7"
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2012, 09:09 AM
It only makes sense that with a huge influx of players now playing over what was previously playing - that's more mobs being killed, more STFs being run, more Ker'rats being farmed - that there will just be more of items on the market, rare and very rare included.

More supply = lower prices. For those that play on other MMOs with multiple servers, you can see the same large differences in price going from a low population server to a high population server.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar_351
Please email it to me.
Didn't you see the "It's Bound" part ....lol, He couldn't mail it if he wanted to..........
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
It only makes sense that with a huge influx of players now playing over what was previously playing - that's more mobs being killed, more STFs being run, more Ker'rats being farmed - that there will just be more of items on the market, rare and very rare included.

More supply = lower prices. For those that play on other MMOs with multiple servers, you can see the same large differences in price going from a low population server to a high population server.
I came in to essentially post this. With a larger player base you are definitely going to get more of everything on the exchange. Higher supply means less demand means lower prices.

BUT ... lots of new folks who don't know the ins and outs of the exchange put some pretty expensive items up for super cheap.