Lt. Commander
# 21
03-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Theres a quote I still cant find that was made after the PW sale saying that it was finally going to be possible to make the KDF a full faction or something like that. Can anyone find this?
I don't think they ever said it was finally gonig to be possible to make the KDF a full faction. I'm pretty sure it was just we have plans to make the KDF a full faction.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
I don't think they ever said it was finally gonig to be possible to make the KDF a full faction. I'm pretty sure it was just we have plans to make the KDF a full faction.
They said both
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
They said both
Correct. Here are some more old posts I found:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hey gang,

A couple of quick things:

1) We all know that the KDF is suffering from a lack of content right now. We at Cryptic have honestly wanted to put more time, and money into this for some time now. It wasn't possible under previous ownership.

2) PWE's games all feature a very good amount of PvP in them. They're not happy with the current state of the Klingon Empire, much like you aren't. They WANT to fix this and make the Klingons a full fledged faction.

3) The current unlock plan for the KDF is still open to change, much like the rest of our free-to-play plans. However, we feel that by locking Klingon Gameplay until after a player reached level 25 has several benefits for the Empire right now:
  1. Players who join the Empire will already have a good understanding of how to play.
  2. The lack of content can now be made the "correct" amount of content, for leveling a new KDF Character, without having to resort to waiting in long PvP Queues, or grinding endlessly.
  3. We really do want to make 25 levels of new content for the Klingon Empire, and it's easier to start at the beginning.

I know it's hard to see, and I can understand why it's difficult to see. The KDF has been through the ringer for awhile now. We want to make this better for you.

For now, once we make the transition to free-to-play, the plan is that new players will need to spend 25 levels as a federation player first, which we admit is going to be rough on the Klingons. However, once we have finished the KDF side of the game, we think that great things will happen for The Empire. We just have to get there first.

As always, thanks for your patience, and understanding.

Stormshade

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...02#post3740402

Quote:
We're actually increasing our development team's size in order to be able to make more new content. This means more Featured Episodes, more regular new content, and possibly even more new STFs.

On top of this, we plan on putting quite a bit of work into the Klingon side of the game in order to bring them up to par with what the Federation experience is.

Thanks,

Stormshade

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...35#post3740435

Quote:
No. If anything, this means that the Klingon Faction has a very large update coming to it later on down the line so that it can finally be a full fledged faction, as The Empire was always meant to be.

Thanks,

Stormshade

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...06#post3740506
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-02-2012, 09:43 AM
And some more:

Quote:
Actually, we've been saying for sometime now that it was not possible to bring the KDF up to par with the Federation.

Only recently have we changed that tune, and began to say that we intend to bring the KDF up to par with the Federation.

This is the difference that last month or so has brought us, and I think it's a great thing for the KDF!

However, as you not above, it's going to take us some time to get there. We understand that our Klingon Players have been through the rough. We get to fix this now, but it's going to take us some time. I know it's difficult, but please, remember that this is some of the best news, if not the best news for the KDF, in a very long time.

Thanks,

Stormshade
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...96#post3753196

Quote:
We've actually already outlined the basics of this:

• KDF gameplay will temporarily be "unlocked" by reaching level 25 on the Federation side.
  • Once unlocked, new Klingon Players will start at roughly level 18, and rapidly advance to level 21 or so. (As outlined in the Ask Cryptic).
  • Current KDF content will be touched up in order to provide for a better, current KDF experience.
  • Meanwhile, the development team has begun work on new content for the KDF, which, once completed, will allow new players to start at level 1, as a Klingon Player, experiencing the faction as a full, and complete faction, the way that both us at Cryptic, and our Players, have always wanted it to be.

Thanks,

Stormshade
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...77#post3753677

Quote:
I really do acknowledge the shape The Empire is in, as does the rest of Cryptic and PWE. We also really are working on remedying this situation.

I'm really looking forward to the release of the big KDF content patch, when I can hopefully post something along the lines of:

"Yeah... that pizza you thought we would never deliver in the form of KDF content. We might not be Domino's, but we do deliver."

Only, much less confrontational than that, so I'll probably just post some patch notes and revel in the glory of battle with you all on my KDF character.

Thanks,

Stormshade
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...22#post3755422
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Wow. That was a lot of KDF expansion related quotes Nagus. Thanks for resurrecting those. What I take from those is that a big kdf expansion is in the works and that it will be released at some point. The release date isn't specified, though, so it could come out soon or later, or even much later.

What scares me is that it's been about 6 months since Storm Shade responded to that pizza analogy about delivering the KDF content. How much longer could it take them? Another 6 months? A year? DStahl hasn't said anything about a KDF expansion, so who knows.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-02-2012, 10:17 AM
The STOWiki should still have Peregrine Falcon's thread on the whole history of the faction and all relevant quotes, right?
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
The STOWiki should still have Peregrine Falcon's thread on the whole history of the faction and all relevant quotes, right?
It still does, yes. I checked it a few days ago.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Wow. That was a lot of KDF expansion related quotes Nagus. Thanks for resurrecting those. What I take from those is that a big kdf expansion is in the works and that it will be released at some point. The release date isn't specified, though, so it could come out soon or later, or even much later.

What scares me is that it's been about 6 months since Storm Shade responded to that pizza analogy about delivering the KDF content. How much longer could it take them? Another 6 months? A year? DStahl hasn't said anything about a KDF expansion, so who knows.
And that is exactly my issue. Of course they arent going to give us an exact date. A month or even quarter is probably too much to ask. But they should at least have figured out what year this is going to happen in by now.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
And that is exactly my issue. Of course they arent going to give us an exact date. A month or even quarter is probably too much to ask. But they should at least have figured out what year this is going to happen in by now.
Maybe you'll figure out what's going on if you get in touch with your Ferengi contacts?
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Maybe you'll figure out what's going on if you get in touch with your Ferengi contacts?
Maybe. What have your Romulan contacts told you about the ETA on the Rom faction?