Lt. Commander
# 1 Jem'hadar weapons
02-24-2012, 09:42 AM
If this has been talked about I apologize in advance. But... can someone explain to me why the nifty Jem'hadar weapons are no longer unique and can only eqiup one at a time?

Exact wording of patch note below:

•Jem'Hadar Weapons are no longer Unique, but you may only equip one on your captain at a time. ◦This restriction does not apply to your Away Team.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Because they're making it better for us.

Before, they were just unique, and you could only ever get 1 per character.

Now if you already have them all, you can still get another when you replay the mission, and then just sell it for extra money, or give it to your BOs.

This change is a pure improvement.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Oh I see. I hadn't tried replaying and getting more for my crew yet. Plan on it today ot tomorrow. But what about the only equiping one at a time deal?

But yeh, I agree that is a good thing then. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2012, 09:55 AM
It was changed to a different type of unique. Instead of the previous unique of one per character, it is now unique to one per entity. (Entity being your captain and your BOFFS). Another example is the Flashlights from "What Lies Beneath". You can only have one on your character or in your inventory. But you can give the Flashlight to a BOFF, and that allows you to get another one.

To be able to get another Jem'hadar weapon as a mission reward, you cannot have a like weapon equipped on your character or in your personal inventory or bank. Give your current Jem'hadar weapon to a BOFF, and then you can acquire another like weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2012, 10:24 AM
as for only equipping one at a time. I think it means that your Captain can not have both Jem hadar weapons equipped on their person at the same time, might have something to do with the special batteries you use with them....
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislove View Post
If this has been talked about I apologize in advance. But... can someone explain to me why the nifty Jem'hadar weapons are no longer unique and can only eqiup one at a time?

Exact wording of patch note below:

•Jem'Hadar Weapons are no longer Unique, but you may only equip one on your captain at a time. ◦This restriction does not apply to your Away Team.
I seem to remember that was how all reward weapons were from the F.E.'s, and the uproar it created when they changed them to Unique.

Glad to see it changed back.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Does this now apply to the proton rifle as well now?

I want my full ghost busters team!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Good news I did the FE again to equip my BOffs only to find I could only get it once. Most annoying. now to check if the armour can be gotten more than once.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
Because they're making it better for us.

Before, they were just unique, and you could only ever get 1 per character.

Now if you already have them all, you can still get another when you replay the mission, and then just sell it for extra money, or give it to your BOs.

This change is a pure improvement.
I know I'm happy...I hated 1/character