Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Just wondered if anyone could reccomend a set up crew and slot wise for this ship.

I have an engineer captain and was wondering how people think I should set her up
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Fore:
anti-prot single cannons x 3
quantum torp x 1

Aft:
anti-prot turrets x 4

Eng consoles:
borg assimilated console, +3.5 weapons power setting, neutronium (+18 resist to everything), and EPS

Sci consoles:
+35% shields, +24 shield emitter

Tac consoles:
anti proton mag regulators (+26%) x 3

BO skills:
TT1- THY2 - CRF2
EPtS1 - RSP1 - Aux to hull - DEM3
EPtS1 - anything
ET1
TB1 - TSS1

Note: TB1 can be switched out for Polarize hull so you don't get tractor'd... I'll explain why in the "How to solo cubes on elite part...

Things to note:
*Use DEM3 at the same time as CRF to max your dps.
*The cannons have have 180 firing arc and still does more dmg than beams.
*CRF increases your turret dps also.
*Running 2 copies of EPtS allows you have 90-100 shield power setting the whole time, just cycle between the 2 of then.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyell
Eng consoles:
borg assimilated console, +3.5 weapons power setting, neutronium (+18 resist to everything), and cloak.
How are you putting a cloak on a cruiser?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCorrino
How are you putting a cloak on a cruiser?
lol sorry... this was the generic build for a galaxy-x. changed the weapon type from phaser to anti proton, and switched out the console to EPS.

But its the same idea...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyell
Fore:
anti-prot single cannons x 3
quantum torp x 1

Aft:
anti-prot turrets x 4

Eng consoles:
borg assimilated console, +3.5 weapons power setting, neutronium (+18 resist to everything), and EPS

Sci consoles:
+35% shields, +24 shield emitter

Tac consoles:
phaser relay (+26%) x 3

BO skills:
THY1 - CRF1
TT1
EPtS1 - RSP1 - Aux to hull - DEM3
EPtS1 - ET2 - Eject WP1
TB1 - TSS1

Note: TB1 can be switched out for Polarize hull so you don't get tractor'd... I'll explain why in the "How to solo cubes on elite part...

Things to note:
*Use DEM3 at the same time as CRF to max your dps.
*The cannons have have 180 firing arc and still does more dmg than beams.
*CRF increases your turret dps also.
*Running 2 copies of EPtS allows you have 90-100 shield power setting the whole time, just cycle between the 2 of then.
Remove the +3.5 weapons power settings console, and switch out the phaser tac consoles for antiproton tac consoles, and then switch the torp out for a tricobalt, and then account for the fact that excel has Lt. Cmdr. tac Boff not lt. and ensign. So you use THY3 for the tricobalt, you use CRF1, and you use Tac Team 1.

...basically just don't post a build for a gal- X in a thread asking about AHC - R
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes01101 View Post
Remove the +3.5 weapons power settings console, and switch out the phaser tac consoles for antiproton tac consoles, and then switch the torp out for a tricobalt, and then account for the fact that excel has Lt. Cmdr. tac Boff not lt. and ensign. So you use THY3 for the tricobalt, you use CRF1, and you use Tac Team 1.

...basically just don't post a build for a gal- X in a thread asking about AHC - R
Made changes to the console. But the 3.5 weapon setting stays because you want to hit 125 weapon setting, which unless you have 9 points in both warpcore efficiency and weapon power skill, you wont have. And 9 points in both (vs 6 in both) for a net +2 weapon power isnt worth it.

The q-torp also stays as it nets you a higher dps with HY. i.e 4k every 7 sec is more than 8k every 60 sec. even with HY2 the q-torp is higher dps. And since tricabolt is on a 60 sec CD, your HY is basically just sitting there being useless.

As for HY vs CRF, CRF win because it increase ALL of you weapons, vs 1 weapon. And as stated above, an ability with a 30 sec CD is down right useless for a weapon that is on a 60 sec CD.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyell
Made changes to the console. But the 3.5 weapon setting stays because you want to hit 125 weapon setting, which unless you have 9 points in both warpcore efficiency and weapon power skill, you wont have. And 9 points in both (vs 6 in both) for a net +2 weapon power isnt worth it.

The q-torp also stays as it nets you a higher dps with HY. i.e 4k every 7 sec is more than 8k every 60 sec. even with HY2 the q-torp is higher dps. And since tricabolt is on a 60 sec CD, your HY is basically just sitting there being useless.

As for HY vs CRF, CRF win because it increase ALL of you weapons, vs 1 weapon. And as stated above, an ability with a 30 sec CD is down right useless for a weapon that is on a 60 sec CD.
I understand the HC and Turret set up on a dreadnaught, as you have the lance and cloak which means you can get into position, decloak and wack them full force from the front.

However a cruiser is not the same as an escort or a dreadnaught and as a result having HC is going to be a waste as half the time you are going to be danced around by much more manouvrable ships.

I cant see how that set up would even come close to working
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp48 View Post
I understand the HC and Turret set up on a dreadnaught, as you have the lance and cloak which means you can get into position, decloak and wack them full force from the front.

However a cruiser is not the same as an escort or a dreadnaught and as a result having HC is going to be a waste as half the time you are going to be danced around by much more manouvrable ships.

I cant see how that set up would even come close to working
Did you not read? I said single cannons, not dual or dual heavy cannons. single cannons have a 180 firing arc, which is almost as good as beam arrays, but they do more dps. And if you dont think this build can be effective in pvp come fight me 1v1 with any ship you have, and we'll see how viable my setup is. My handle is @cyell in game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-25-2012, 02:42 PM
errr, did you just try and threaten me on a forum cause i disagreed with you, because if you did thats really, really sad
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-25-2012, 02:56 PM
lol wtf... threaten someone on the internet...

All I'm saying is you're wrong, and i can PROVE to you how viable my build is in pvp, if you want to come and see it.

Besides... you ask for advice, I give you one of the best dps builds, and you say how worthless it is. I mean... why even ask for any advice at all?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:09 PM.