Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
02-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RononD3X View Post
That's not true i claimed it on 2 different character but now i can't find it
Right.. that's the bug... once claimed, your other characters can't... you got lucky with the two.. lol

Jolan'tru
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32 Im gonna get it
02-24-2012, 03:34 PM
It looks cool and I can allways by another runabout for fed creds (i will kicking mine forn the ship slot) untill we get some type shuttle bay, shuttle slots or summonable (space station tranporter/trans warp network) power. Btw it looks awsome not delta flyer sleek type awsome, more like Tactical Strike using HALO drop to a palanet and kick *** AWSOME.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
02-24-2012, 03:56 PM
This is account wide and not per character?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
02-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileight View Post
This is account wide and not per character?

Yes, it's an account purchase.. but I think its still bugged where you can only claim it once (maybe twice if you're lucky...)

Jolan'tru
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
02-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galan_Vaurek

Yes, it's an account purchase.. but I think its still bugged where you can only claim it once (maybe twice if you're lucky...)

Jolan'tru
And it's annoying that I have to wait until tomorrow to replace the one I grabbed and discarded. Even worse, they couldn't even correctly change the spelling of "announcements" by the time tomorrow roles around. Lazyness...? I think so!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
02-24-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm going to point out that for a Refit, it's actually not all that great. The Yellowstone is more or less exactly like the Danube Runabout: what you getfor 400 CP is a new skin and a new engine.

Calling it a "Runabout Refit" implies it is a +1 ship and follows the standards set by the Galaxy vs Venture, Nova vs Rhode Island and so forth. But there's no extra Boff station to put it on par with the Delta Flyer (could've been interesting to see an universal_ensign and engineering_ensign come out of it to balance out with the Delta Class shuttle's level of power.

The Tractor Beam innate power doesn't stand to scrutinery simply because the Tal'kyr gets away with 2 science ensigns and SIF transfer, so there was precedent for that kind of performance.

Having bought it, flown it around and mildly enjoyed it... I'd say that the Yellowstone's only value is if the skin interests you and that you like Runabouts over other types of shuttles - the engine is nice, but if you're like me and put a decent ship set on your shuttles for the purpose of a shuttle mission (such as the Aegis set or the Borg set) the Tetryon-Plasma engine is nice, but might not stand out a whole lot in comparison to what you might have already.

How is it for me? I wanted a 25th-century auxiliary craft for shuttle missions. While the Odyssey's "Sacagewea" might've filled that role, I've always heard it referred to as a combat pet or an escort... meaning it might be too powerful for shuttle missions or might not be playable at all (which would make me sad). Hence, the Yellowstone hopefully fills that need.

I do think, however, that the bar for the Yellowstone Runabout was set too low. For 400 CP, and the precedent the Delta Class shuttle set... they could've made it a more attractive purchase to compete.

The model itself is nice, though it has its odd spots. For example, if you look underneath the Yellowstone, you'll see that the Command Module is in no way attached to the cargo module - there's this strange gap - so, how does the crew move around the Runabout? In fact, the only thing that seems to be holding the cargo module to the rest of the Runabout are the two lower nacelle struts. Wierd.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
02-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAngelis
Tomorrows mission is a shuttle mission.
Then I will use one the nearly half dozen I already have and have not had a reason to use.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
02-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
While the Odyssey's "Sacagewea" might've filled that role, I've always heard it referred to as a combat pet or an escort... meaning it might be too powerful for shuttle missions or might not be playable at all (which would make me sad). Hence, the Yellowstone hopefully fills that need.
The Odyssey Auxiliary craft is just too big for that, its about the size of a Tactical Escort.

As I kinda hope we could control it instead of being a combat pet I am getting some rather ... "vibes" that we cannot do that as apparently it takes away the "uniqueness" of the M/VAE ... of course after saying that and then the topic switches to the Dreadnaught getting Saucer Separation one might wonder about their priorities, its not as if the Dreadnaught was not taking away the "uniqueness" of the Tactical Escort Retrofit but it also had to take away the Exploration Retrofit "uniqueness without being a "issue" (and that is not half of it ... keeping the lance after separation? Keeping the cannons working on the Saucer section? why just dont give it a "I win" button and call it a day) .

Not I want the Odyssey to be a M/VAE but at least allow the player to pick what he wants to use if he decides to use one part, you cannot say the M/VAE Multi-Vector Assault Module is sacred and then say Saucer Separation is not and added it to the already powerful Dreadnaught and barely any cost.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
02-24-2012, 09:40 PM
The more views that I've seen of the Yellowstone the more that I like it. I still love my Danube, but this design does display a bit more of an edge. I like the warp nacelles amidships as opposed to be along the base. I'm thinking Security Team drop-ship.

For some reason, I'm reminded of this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
02-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Sweet design.

While the Yellowstone prototype shown on screen may be just an upgraded runabout - I can just imagine the final serial production design to be something with a 'next generation' 25th Century look that STO is based on.

I like the sharp angles and how it resembles a stealth fighter. This is a nice 'assault shuttle' type craft for me to daydream about


But will I be getting one? Nah, we just have two shuttle missions, the Danube runabout is easily accessible by EC purchase, and there's no real reason to fly a shuttle because the players' starships can pretty much do anything they please, anyway.

I would definitely vouch for shuttle-exclusive PvP and PvE events to make use of the awesome number of shuttles we have today.

Heck, why not make the Vault a shuttle deathmatch arena / CTF style map while doing so? Interior space combat reminds me of Pyrotechnica.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:23 AM.