Lt. Commander
# 11
02-26-2012, 06:59 PM
I am guessing the location this is being referred to is in the Marauding cross-faction duty officer rewards, or possibly the defection assignments.

Certain species always have particular traits; Gorn always have Resilient and Cold-Blooded, Saurians always have Cold-Blooded, Betazoids always have Telepathic.

Humans, Vulcans, Andorians and Tellarites always have Founders of the Federation because, well, they are members of species that founded the Federation - who they are working for doesn't change that.

In other words, this was not some issue of unintended copy and pasting. I did in fact consider stripping the trait, but decided doing that would make no logical sense and could even be interpreted negatively.

There are some assignments that do in fact benefit from the Founders of the Federation trait on the KDF side, and I think it would be a perfectly reasonable request for someone to ask for more assignments benefiting from this trait on the KDF side given that they are, in fact, now regularly available to KDF players.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
There are some assignments that do in fact benefit from the Founders of the Federation trait on the KDF side, and I think it would be a perfectly reasonable request for someone to ask for more assignments benefiting from this trait on the KDF side given that they are, in fact, now regularly available to KDF players.
I can confirm this! I saw a DOFF mission in the Eta Erdrani sector block that requires this trait to get a critical success. I think it was "Debrief Defector" or something like that. I think there was also another one about exicuting a spy, of which if the prisoner had that trait, it benifited more for having the Founders of the Federation trait.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-27-2012, 04:21 AM
So FF is more than the "this dude's from a founding race", but like a psychological quality that's prevelent in founding member races, i.e. a sense of co-operation or decency or something?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-27-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
So FF is more than the "this dude's from a founding race", but like a psychological quality that's prevelent in founding member races, i.e. a sense of co-operation or decency or something?
Since we are KDF, we could say FF is like a serious character flaw with a red flag for the next crew member execution.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
No, it's intended to represent reactions when dealing with certain other species, "Oooo, this guy's from one of the important/cool species in the Federation...what an honor they sent this guy rather than some minor species."

It represents quadrant species social status within the Federation, nothing more.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-27-2012, 06:10 PM
I got the same bug, all my available marauder DOFFs are actually federation races. Some kind of glitch.
You can't purchase them, either, I tried.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
I am guessing the location this is being referred to is in the Marauding cross-faction duty officer rewards, or possibly the defection assignments.

Certain species always have particular traits; Gorn always have Resilient and Cold-Blooded, Saurians always have Cold-Blooded, Betazoids always have Telepathic.

Humans, Vulcans, Andorians and Tellarites always have Founders of the Federation because, well, they are members of species that founded the Federation - who they are working for doesn't change that.

In other words, this was not some issue of unintended copy and pasting. I did in fact consider stripping the trait, but decided doing that would make no logical sense and could even be interpreted negatively.

Yes, either make the FF useful for something more than few (1?) duty officer mission in a few (again, 1?) quadrant/sector or remove it from the traits.

Even a simple check on the race of the duty officer is superior than wasting a trait slot.

As you said, it just means "hey, my race is so cool that founded the federation, your enemy", and as diplomatic purposes, how can this be a relevant trait?
That trait is on anything, not just duty officers "allowed" to do diplomatic missions, even as federation player that is a problem as it occupy a useful slot.

The fact that you take a social status as trait is just wrong in my point of view.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-02-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
No, it's intended to represent reactions when dealing with certain other species, "Oooo, this guy's from one of the important/cool species in the Federation...what an honor they sent this guy rather than some minor species."

It represents quadrant species social status within the Federation, nothing more.
Surely every species in the Federation is important? Or does Sisko need to come out of the Wormhole and get a civil rights movement going?:p
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Everyone is aware that you can mail & Exchange duty officers across factions, right?

So why would you expect their stats to magically change to suit you when that happens?