Lt. Commander
# 31
02-29-2012, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
WHo wants buffed? I just want a better sense of Uniqueness and design Ideology. We are suppossed to be a warrior race and Our fleet vessels need to reflect that better, imo.
Then we need a storyline with mission to enjoy.
Speaking of uniqueness I would urge everyone to re-watch the series finale of voyager. Then answer this question. Where does the ablative armor that Admiral Janeway brought back from the future come from? Also I would beg of Cryptic why does a "Heavy Battle Cruiser's" systems be designed of same configuration as federation ships? In all respect for the empire the vorcha and negh'var should have atleast 2 Lt Tactical Stations or a LC and Ensign since they are not explorer ships but those of conquering. As well the raptor did not originate in any of the core series but appeared in enterprise. These raptors need a couple centuries of upgrades to be balanced or fleshed out. I could go on and on but the empire is not weak but it does need to have its uniqueness as it was pointed out which we do not have yet.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-29-2012, 01:36 AM
I have to agree with both of you as well.

Qapla batlh Je!
Marok
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Until this afternoon, I'm more the nerve frazzled stress compounded just on the edge of a breakdown colleage hoping to not have a anuerism, but thank you.
Well if you can hang on till June, you will have at least a weeks worth of new kdf content.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-29-2012, 05:42 AM
On my kdf sci I used to play up to 3 on 1 in my kar'fi against my friends and come out on top about half the time. Back when it only had 1 hangar and no special abilities.

I've never had a problem with it and always enjoyed it, (on my sci at least, horrible choice for a tac imo). I always went with the frigates and pretty much built it around those. Just remember it is no tank, at least I couldn't get it tank anything very well for very long. But a disable to kill setup I found worked well for me. Use mines to try to help hide the mines your frigates drop then if any enemy gets hit with one move in for the kill.

Oh my bad, I just realized that was also back when tricobalts disabled so idk if it would still work as well now, I guess I'll set up my kar'fi for another spin on my sci.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroguy803 View Post
i try to play my klingon char but all the time we get killed by things that the feds would have no problem with and when i fly my carrier the fighters never obey commands. when playing my klingon in the episodes we don't have enough missions. not only that but when we are in the space war zone i can fight feds 15 -23 lev under me and die without even denting there shields. tthe feds also have more tek then we do and in the stf missions the klingon ver of equipment we get suck. whats up with all that.
Quote:
Look if all anyone is going to say is blame myself DON"T save your breath it's rude it's wrong and it don't help anyone. i posted this in hope's that someone would help out and get something done. maybe someone that works with the co. will see this thread and do something about the garbage but if they look and find people talking smack about Klingon's and vice versa nothing will be done. so leave the negative comments to yourself and help not only the Klingon's but the game in general.
Quote:
until i can update my ship with full Mk XII con's and some other things i will not post anything but to those who said to look up some builds i will and thank you those who were not complete jerks.
Your being a touch rude yourself there neighbor, slander and name calling of others.

You are not the only one who has been a Klingon for a long time. The fact of your refusal to post your build tells me you may no know what we are asking for in order to assist you some, and your vaguness did not help the situation as without some key information, its a bit tough to "help" you.

Never assume the request of others is a put down or a slight to yourself. Leave the ego at the door. If you feel someone is being a jerk, report it, its the little exclamation under their post pick.

You are being way to vague to really help you. Understand the Kar'fi is a Tactical Cruiser, she is a good ship but there are several builds for it, based on what you wish to do with it. The fact you are having issues tells me you dont have a proper equip/bo layout/equip for it.

So I am going to help you out, to show you what is meant by a build inw hat I run.

KAR'FI

MK XII KDF HONOR Guard Deflector, Engines, Shields
front - 3 Mk XII Antiproton BA (borg), 1 Mk XII Quantum Torp (borg)
rear - 3 Mk XII Antiproton BA (borg)

BO Tac - TT, THY2, BO3
BO Tac - TT, FAW
BO ENG - ET, EPtS
BO SCI - ST1, TTS2, HE3, GW3
BO Sci - HE1

I run either Skul Fighters or Power syphons in the bays. This is a Survivability set, which can damage well. Understand in PVP the Kar'fi works best working with others. In PVE, I have not found many things that can really harm the ship, save for the massively OP Elite Borg Tac Cube (which needs a nerf itself)
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
Your being a touch rude yourself there neighbor, slander and name calling of others.

You are not the only one who has been a Klingon for a long time. The fact of your refusal to post your build tells me you may no know what we are asking for in order to assist you some, and your vaguness did not help the situation as without some key information, its a bit tough to "help" you.

Never assume the request of others is a put down or a slight to yourself. Leave the ego at the door. If you feel someone is being a jerk, report it, its the little exclamation under their post pick.

You are being way to vague to really help you. Understand the Kar'fi is a Tactical Cruiser, she is a good ship but there are several builds for it, based on what you wish to do with it. The fact you are having issues tells me you dont have a proper equip/bo layout/equip for it.

So I am going to help you out, to show you what is meant by a build inw hat I run.

KAR'FI

MK XII KDF HONOR Guard Deflector, Engines, Shields
front - 3 Mk XII Antiproton BA (borg), 1 Mk XII Quantum Torp (borg)
rear - 3 Mk XII Antiproton BA (borg)

BO Tac - TT, THY2, BO3
BO Tac - TT, FAW
BO ENG - ET, EPtS
BO SCI - ST1, TTS2, HE3, GW3
BO Sci - HE1

I run either Skul Fighters or Power syphons in the bays. This is a Survivability set, which can damage well. Understand in PVP the Kar'fi works best working with others. In PVE, I have not found many things that can really harm the ship, save for the massively OP Elite Borg Tac Cube (which needs a nerf itself)
Or you could post it like this
Kar-Fi build thread
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Cryptic has neglected the KDF since launch and they have again broken their promise when PW bought STO.

Now there is no word of any KDF progress at all in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-29-2012, 03:37 PM
sto upcoming says differently..
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Dont' give the guy a hard time. Personally I find the Kar'fi fantastic. I had a great time plowing through some feds in some Cap'n Holds and Arenas last week in my Kar'Fi. Its an aggressive ship with scientific tendencies. I was tanking for the most part, and also had plenty room to do dirty tricks and do some nasty sciencey attacks as well as tactical attacks. The key with any ship is having a strategy with all your bridge officer powers, and making sure your skillset matches that strategy properly. Then you have to be able to play that strategy. I do realize that the pets can be buggy at times. I'm noticing for instance that on my kar'fi in the Elite STF's, that my pets are getting hung up on the gates and doing nothing. Tricobalt mines are sitting there half a kilometer away from the gate and not setting off. However in pvp the pets don't bug out quite so much, and actually come in quite handy. The problem I am finding in PVP is that there are times on my carriers that I do not come out of combat mode, and can't hit full impulse. Even when all my pets have been recalled. I'm not sure really what the glitch is here, but it has been annoying in the past, and caused me to lag behind my buddies in Capture and Holds. The reality is though, that you can do some mean things with all of the Carriers, and the Klingon side has some great ships. In fact, Klingons have the more versatility in their ship roster than the Federation does.

There are quite a few reasonable strategies you could go with, but I'll say this, Tractor Beam Repulsors III is probably not a good pick (I wouldn't even pick Tractor Beam Repulsors I). I wouldn't pick this in PvE or PvP. Now I first need to know what sort of playstyle you were looking at playing with your ship, and secondly are you looking at doing PvE? PvP? If you're talking about PvP, the first thing to consider is team dynamic. 5 players who know each other, know their builds, and are communicating on ventrilo, teamspeak, or even skype, will blow a random pug group out of the water generally speaking. A really good player just can't take on that kind of domination by 5 other really good players who have a plan and communication.

If you die in PvP don't feel bad about it. Observe what happened, ruminate on it, and maybe rebuild if you need to. The other side of the coin is teamwork. I realize this game has a lot of solo content available, but at the upper echelons of the game (STF's, Fleet Actions and such) teamwork really starts to make a big deal. Sorry for such a circuitous answer, but really we do lack information to go forward beyond these generalizations. If you have any questions feel free to look me up in game, drop me a line, or ask the question here. I'll try to keep up with this thread for a day or so.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-29-2012, 05:10 PM
Speaking of Tricobalts, AsuranDragoon, I also find that the Tricobalts in general have a tendency not to fire but still go on cooldown about 2/3 of the time. Considering how long of a cooldown they have, I have all but quit using them though I greatly wish they would work. There is something fun about slamming someone with one of these right in the face after shutting their systems down. BOOM! Then the big Spatial anomaly it makes. Gotta love it. Unfortunately, I'm unwilling to have to wait 120 seconds of real cooldown, since they only fire about 1/3 times you actually click them. This has been my experience anyway... and I'm not referring to situations where scatter volley, bfaw, gravity well, photonic shockwave or anything like that is being fired your way. I'm talking about a misfire, that seems to only happen to me on Tricobalts. Other friends of mine have noticed this happening to them as well.