Lt. Commander
# 1 Wonky Servers? 02-24-2012
02-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Hello, all.

After the extremely slow patch elsewhere mentioned, I have been disconnected twice (server not responding) in the last hour. This is a new experience for me (a 400+ day veteran). Also, I had to log out and log in for my DOFF roster to display properly. Overall, the game feels a bit unstable today. Just wanted to give a heads up from this corner as I don't see it mentioned anywhere else.

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Getting similar issues.

Also had the launcher stop working - wouldn't let me select Patch or anything. Switching to Tribble and back cured it. (Yes, I had already patched previously, so nothing new needed downloading.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Server not responding again...guess there's always Skyrim.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2012, 06:56 AM
since the 24th update, its lagging like hell for me, got some dcs too

before that it went totally smooth, no idea what happend

anyone else experiencing that?

p.s. forum seems to be very slow now too
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Well i'm no 400 day plus veteran though i am a gold member but i have noticed that my game becomes unplayable after every new patch. i'm not sure how long it lasts, sometimes all day sometimes a few hours, but basically i can't play because of disconnects literally every 1 or 2 minutes. I came into a starbase 24 pve game about halfway through and got disconnected 5 or 6 times. i was disconnected twice trying to read quest information from admiral quinn. i'm trying to shop on the exchange and have been disconnected no less than 8 times in the last 20 minutes.... it is almost unbearable, the only thing that lets me deal with it is the game loads up fast afterwards. There is nothing wrong with my internet and the problem does seem to go away eventually, however it is incredibly brutal to play through and needs to be fixed. You are lucky this is the first time you are experiencing it if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2012, 12:32 PM
I've recently setup a new desktop machine and installed STO on it. When launching, i login, get to Retrievining Character List and get disconnected. I login again and it works. Sometimes I have to login 3-4 times before I can get logged in. Today, I was starting a PVe and got disconnected on my way in.

Anyone else experiencing this? I''ve tried re-installing STO and it hasn't helped. Nothing has changed on my network side. No new firewall, nada.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjy
... Anyone else experiencing this? I''ve tried re-installing STO and it hasn't helped. Nothing has changed on my network side. No new firewall, nada.
Nothing has changed on your network side, but something may have changed on your ISP side... Run the nettest and Trace Route commands described here... http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=225155

Post the results in this thread so people can see how 'healthy' your Internet connection to STO is...