# 31
02-26-2012, 02:37 AM
Great idea! +1
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-26-2012, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
So here is what I would like: once you reach admiral you can promote your Boffs to the rank of Captain and put them in ships you own. Then you can send those ships/Captains on Doff-like missions. Except these wouldnt be minor things like "scan 5 anomalies", it would be on a larger scale like "engage Klingon forces" or what have you. And rather than risking a single Doff, you would be risking an entire ship of "people". I think that would really raise the stakes and be real Admiral-like gameplay.

And people such as yourself who didnt want to do it would not have to.
Best idea.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-26-2012, 05:27 AM
Totally love this idea. I am on board. Seems like it would only require some modification to the doff code to implement it.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-26-2012, 06:28 AM
If there were to be a system allowing seconday ships, I'd like to see them as combat pets to fly with you.

Even if it were to be limited to a specific set of PvP scenarios or daily missions for "operational" use, or to fly in formation with you in sector and system space.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb2008 View Post
Ok, I don't want to get demoted. I want to run a Flotilla, at least, via this ship crew DOFF idea. Yeah, I'm going to go on record, I don't want to get demoted because others want to just run one ship. Leave our ranks as is, thanks.
Agreed; I have said this often enough to these people.

Look, just because you brass-haters don't like the gold braid doesn't mean you should be allowed to take it from people like me who prefer it. It's pretty clear the Admiralty is here to stay - so zippit, alright?

OT: I remember the old Starship Creator games...and the weird variations on ship design (kinda like this, in a way!).

I think the Nagus' idea has merit - short of making your old/reserve ships into pets, like JanuHull suggests, it would be the best way to have the other ships get some use, without having to switch back and forth between them (like with my tac VA, I use the Odyssey when I'm just shooting the breeze, but I use the Defiant when I shoot the Borg, heh) - or using older ships you're hesitant to decommission.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuHull View Post
If there were to be a system allowing seconday ships, I'd like to see them as combat pets to fly with you.

Even if it were to be limited to a specific set of PvP scenarios or daily missions for "operational" use, or to fly in formation with you in sector and system space.
This is a great idea, deploying them out on DOFF missions is a great idea as well. In general, we don't have a need to switch ships out constantly, so we pick one and stick with it for a long time, the rest take up space in the dock. I'd like to do SOMETHING with them, something other than use them for ship equipment storage, that is.