Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
Because in my humble opinion, they would make for interesting special weapon types (like the kinds you can get from STFs and FEs). I would highly doubt they would run out of new weapon designs for a long time if they drew from these concepts, which they've had the right to since they took over the STO project.

Concept A
Concept B
Concept C
Concept D
Concept chart
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Concept D with the large revolver removed would be very cool, All other not so much.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 06:15 PM
Wow. Those are actually worse than what we have now. And people complain what's in-game now is oversized, holy crap...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Wow, those are horrible...

They don't fit in with Trek at all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Looking at the 8th option on the concept chart... holy crap. The designs are alright, but not very Trek. The stuff we have now is exactly either, but it's better than that stuff.

Although I must say I do like the revolver bit.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
Looking at the 8th option on the concept chart... holy crap. The designs are alright, but not very Trek. The stuff we have now is exactly either, but it's better than that stuff.

Although I must say I do like the revolver bit.
I admit, I was wierded out by that one until I noticed that it has some kind of thruster to make up for the extra weight. Seems a bit wasteful of power needs, though.

If by Trek you mean something you could see Starfleet making standard issue, I agree that these weapon designs don't look that AT ALL. Some of them would make for some rather interesting non-standard/non-Starfleet weapons, though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2012, 08:40 PM
I love concept D. Would be great as a MACO grenade launcher or a one off reward for a mission.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronH View Post
I love concept D. Would be great as a MACO grenade launcher or a one off reward for a mission.
I agree with you there. It would make a mighty fine MACO grenade launcher.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Well since nobody's said it yet...

...Because those were designed by Perpetual Entertainment...

And aside from Concept D, 100% fugly. Concept D's only partially fugly, cause it's a decent concept, just executed poorly.

What I wanna know is why the Heavy Disruptor designs we see in some weapon crates that look like actual KDF disruptor aren't used in game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Wow. Those are actually worse than what we have now.
this. those are awful to say the least