Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Occasionally, my Eng BOff will erect a Cover Shield and catch either me or him in it, in that we get stuck and unable to move. Is there a way to get rid of the Cover Shield, either by dismissing it or destroying it? I hate having to beam back aboard my ship each time this happens, and Cover Shiled is a pretty good power otherwise.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-24-2012, 06:59 PM
There's no way to get rid of it, unless enemies shoot it away. But if you ever get stuck in a Cover Shield, type in /stuck, and it'll probably get you out, sometimes it doesn't work and you have to log off and back in.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg247 View Post
Occasionally, my Eng BOff will erect a Cover Shield and catch either me or him in it, in that we get stuck and unable to move. Is there a way to get rid of the Cover Shield, either by dismissing it or destroying it? I hate having to beam back aboard my ship each time this happens, and Cover Shiled is a pretty good power otherwise.
Well a cover shield gets removed by droping a new cover shield.
Since you can manually order your bo to create a new one this should do the jop.

But a word of advice: That ability has absolutley NO use at all on a BO. Replace it with something else.
Mines are always great, also Turrets.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-24-2012, 07:19 PM
I kind of like Cover Shield as set up by my BOff, as I can occasionally duck behind it if the attacks get a little too hot for me. Why isn't it a good power for a BOff to have?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg247 View Post
I kind of like Cover Shield as set up by my BOff, as I can occasionally duck behind it if the attacks get a little too hot for me. Why isn't it a good power for a BOff to have?
Because they position it randomly and not like it is supposed to work on an eng-player where you need it.
With it appearing randomly its not a bit better then any enviromental cover wich is there anyway.

But thats just my opinion on it...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Me:*Goes into a corner*

Engineer Derp Boff: *walks up behind me*

Me: *"Hey Derp Boff"*

Engineer Derp Boff: *"Deherro!"* *Places cover shield*

Bad guys: *kills my away team*

*cover shield finally disappears. Bad guys rush in and kill me*

Me: *RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE $#@%@$#%@#!!!!!"

Dead Engineer Derp Boff: *Trollface*

^---- Story of my life till I replaced that ability
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-24-2012, 07:56 PM
I personally don't like BOFFs to have it. I give them something more useful.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-24-2012, 10:50 PM
hmmmm Maybe you're right.

I just finished a mission with a lot of doorways, and my BOff seemed to block every one of them with his Cover Shield. What do you think of the Mortar attack? I have a BOff in reserve who I could use to train him up on that power.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg247 View Post
hmmmm Maybe you're right.

I just finished a mission with a lot of doorways, and my BOff seemed to block every one of them with his Cover Shield. What do you think of the Mortar attack? I have a BOff in reserve who I could use to train him up on that power.
My main is an Engineer and all of my engineer Boffs have Support Drone in their CMDR slot. The LCDR slot has Phaser Turret 3 (which I trained them for).

My SCI and TAC alts all have their BOs the same way. Cover Shield is an awful ability for boffs to have due to their AI (or lack of I). There's no real way around it, short of deactivating the ability and only clicking it when the BO is in just the right position (which is ridiculously complicated). So I replaced it with a fire & forget, always useful ability (turrets and support drone). I even removed mines from them because, again, they drop them willy nilly and I don't have the patience to micromanage them.

I don't like the mortars because they're too slow and their target selection leaves much to be desired. Then again, they could've been buffed (I gave up on them in late 2010) so take my advice with a grain of salt. When I consider what would be best in a slot, I don't think mortars really stand up to turrets or the support drone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-25-2012, 12:48 AM
For some reason my guys like to setup mortars and turrets directly behind and against the cover shield making them useless as they can't target anything!

"Oh hey a mortar! Good work! Now maybe next time you place it a foot or two to the left or right so it might actually shoot at something. Nice try though... Here's a gold star and a football helmet... try not to eat all the paste ok buddy, the others want some too.!"
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:00 PM.