Lt. Commander
# 21
02-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
That's the placate proc. 25% chance for you to lose targeting and visuals on your target for a sec every time you hit someone with KHG shields.
Yes the placate proc is the problem. A few extra shield hit points won't make much difference if the target isn't paying attention.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-25-2012, 12:52 AM
Cov[Cap]x4 isn't 'a few' extra shield points Keg, and while it won't save a miserable player from death it will make a substantial difference when proper premades are fighting.

But I can agree that of the two, the placate is the larger problem.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-25-2012, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Pandas and TSI will most likely always beat you no matter what you do...
And that as nothing to do with the fact that both these fleets in my two years playing STO, are NOTORIOUS for running exploits of the "latest unbalanced effect" and spamming it until the opposing side simply looses interest, or gives-up.

ANYONE can do that. In one match with TSI I maybe fired my weapons once in 10 mins due to all the SSIII exploits they were chaining at a time when there was known issues with the power. And on top of that they were all running Har'Phengs when the torp was clearly broken...
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-25-2012, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Cov[Cap]x4 isn't 'a few' extra shield points Keg, and while it won't save a miserable player from death it will make a substantial difference when proper premades are fighting.

But I can agree that of the two, the placate is the larger problem.
Agreed - Covariant [Cap] shields definitely favor premades and [Cap]x4 is silly unless the shields only have a mediocre proc.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-25-2012, 01:31 AM
That the placate can be chained indefinitely (bad luck maybe, but still quite common), that there is no means of reducing it's effectiveness (let's look again at Sensors Resistance on the Skill Tree) or clearing it's rather long lasting debuff makes these shields incredibly powerful. Speed is life so if someone is holding you then they are probably shooting at you which means I want every little opportunity to break free. Compound this with the amount of NPC clutter and targeting becomes even more frustrating. MACO Shields should probably be only 5%, or the full 10% could require at least 2/3 MACO set, but KHG's very frequently applied ability to stop all incoming damage for a second (or longer depending on the amount of clutter) seems more powerfull even if it isn't constant or controllable.

Has anyone been able to test to see if the effect of KHG Shields can be boosted by something like Aux or Skill Tree investment? Consoles? It may just be luck (bad for me, good for the user) but some folks seem to proc more. I don't know, maybe I'm just shooting at those guys faster.

I'd really like to see the innate Sensors from Consoles and Skill Trees play some better role in reducing ones vulnerability to receiving the placate as well as having an impact on the length and magnitude of the ACC debuff. It would be really nice if at least the chaining could be removed by some kind of innate resistance after the effect procs (similar to the way PSW Stun was handled). On a somewhat related note, this period of innate resistance would also be great to see added to the Anti-Matter Spread Console.

Best of all, resistance and proc rate changes suggested above may have no real baring on the effectiveness of these shields in a PvE environment (assuming NPCs don't have their own skill tree similar to the one players use).
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-25-2012, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaFury View Post
Give me your MACO shield, I'll give you my KHG one.
+1

all the verbose waffle can be summed up with these 11 simple words.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-25-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Best of all, resistance and proc rate changes suggested above may have no real baring on the effectiveness of these shields in a PvE environment (assuming NPCs don't have their own skill tree similar to the one players use).
Nothing effects the PvE environment really. Spacebyar ftw!
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-25-2012, 01:41 AM
You fail at diplomacy:p. Go eat some bamboo!
Lt. Commander
# 29 Lets put it into perspective
02-25-2012, 02:01 AM
M.A.C.O. Graviton Deflector Array Mk XII VS.Klingon Honor Guard Positron Deflector Array Mk XII VS Omega Force Tachyon Deflector Array Mk XII

[MACO] +18 Starship Shield Emitters
[KHG] +20 Starship Shield Emitters
[OMEGA] +26 Starship Sensors

[MACO] +26 Starship Structural Integrity
[KHG] +18 Starship Structural Integrity
[OMEGA] +18 Starship Targeting Systems

[MACO] +18 Starship Shield System
[KHG] +23 Starship Shield System
[OMEGA] +18 Starship Inertial Dampers

[MACO] +8.8 Starship Electro-Plasma System
[KHG] +2.6 Starship Electro-Plasma System
[OMEGA] +8.8 Starship Graviton Generators

[MACO] +18 Starship Inertial Dampers
[OMEGA] +18 Starship Power Insulators
[MACO] +18 Starship Graviton Generators
[OMEGA] +18 Starship Particle Generator

While the KHG set offers more in terms of Shield reliability, the MACO offers more in terms of hull strength and whereas the KHG only has 4 procs, the MACO offers 6, as does the OMEGA set which leans towards more offensive targeting capability.

M.A.C.O. Impulse Engines Mk XII VS. Klingon Honor Guard Impulse Engines Mk XII VS. Omega Force Hyper-Impulse Engines Mk XII

[MACO] +8.8 Starship Driver Coil
[KHG] +2.6 Starship Engine Performance

[MACO] +12 Flight Speed
[KHG] +13 Flight Speed (Efficient at Low Power Levels)
[OMEGA] +12 Flight Speed (Efficient at High Power Levels)

[MACO] +4.8 Flight Turn Rate
[KHG] +32 Flight Turn Rate
[OMEGA] +6.8 Flight Turn Rate

[MACO] Thrusters: 25% speed when engines are disabled, While in Sector Space Flight Speed set to Warp 12
[KHG] Hot restart: Automatically removes engine disabled conditions after 1 second.

[MACO], [KHG], [OMEGA] Full Impulse,All Power to Engines
[MACO], [KHG], [OMEGA] +101 Flight Speed, Diverts all power to engines

The emphasis on the KHG leans to towards improved Thruster maneuverability, the MACO emphasis is on improved Full Impulse associated maneuverability. The Omega Set does improve on the MACO turn rate, designed for improved tactical response.

M.A.C.O. Resilient Shield Array Mk XII VS. Honor Guard Covariant Shield Array Mk XII VS. Omega Force Shield Array Mk XII

[MACO] 7,776 Maximum Shield Capacity,(5% Absorption, 5% Bleedthrough)
[KHG] 6,263 Maximum Shield Capacity, (10% Bleedthrough)
[OMEGA] 7,367 Maximum Shield Capacity, (10% Bleedthrough)

[MACO] 199 Shield Regeneration every 6 seconds
[KHG] 110 Shield Regeneration every 6 seconds
[OMEGA] 289 Shield Regeneration every 6 seconds

[MACO] Reduces All Energy Damage to Shields by 10%
[KHG] +1,000 Stealth

[MACO] When receiving All Energy Damage, applies Power Conduit Link, +2 All Power Settings for 15 sec
[KHG] +10% Defense Bonus
[OMEGA] When receiving All Energy Damage, 50% chance of applying Energy Wake, +5 Flight Speed for 5 sec, +30% Flight Turn Rate for 5 sec

[MACO], [KHG], [OMEGA] Reduces Plasma Damage to Shields by 20%

The MACO shields are designed to be resistant and direct incoming energy to other systems. The KHG shields are designed to take a punch and provide stealth capability, and the OMEGA set offers high regeneration as well as the channeling power that transfers incoming energy into speed.

Set Bonuses

[MACO]

[2x] Magnetoplasma Relays +15 All Power Settings resistance, +10 Starship Warp Core Potential
Outcome: improved power.

[3x] Heavy Graviton Beam

Targets Foe
90' Targeting Arc
10 kilometer range
2 sec charge
0.5 sec activate
3 min recharge
to target: 1,195 Kinetic Damage (6.5 DPS)
to target: 15 Repel
to self: -31 Current Auxiliary Power
to target: -126% Flight Speed for 3 sec
to target: -126% Flight Speed for 3 sec
Nature: Offensive

[KHG]

[2x] Tactical Readiness, +7 Auxiliary Power Setting, +18 Able Crewmen resistance, +18 Alive Crewmen resistance
Outcome: Improved Crew recovery.

[3x] Mask Energy Field

Affects Friend and Self
5 kilometer Sphere
0.5 sec activate
3 min recharge
to self: Applies Mask Energy Field for 18 sec
Affects Friend and Self
3 kilometer Sphere
+2,265 Stealth
+15% Defense Bonus, lingers for 5 seconds after dropping Stealth
Nature: Defensive