Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I really think the tachyon drones need to be toned down a bit. I like the ability but the problem is that they have 12.5k hp for 4 or so that launch. That's pretty much a constitution class ship as a pet times 4. That's too long to do damage to them all along with the fast re-launching rates. At best it should have maybe 3-4k. They are drones not ships or shuttlecrafts.

The drain effect is also too much and makes any version tachyon beam worthless. This effect also needs to be toned down. A big problem I see is that players in support ships cant fight off the tachyon drone spam because of the constant quick re-launches and there is nothing they can do about them. DPS Players have a better chance at this but it is still problematic.

Overall I think it needs to be addressed because what's the point of shields you are getting drained 400-600 to each quadrant of shield per second and that's not including weapons fire or a powerful charged particle burst?

Cryptic please review this ability over. Thank you.

If you guys are going to respond, no trolling, flaming or the like.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 09:59 PM
I would tend to agree.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Like I mentioned in another thread the skill tree counters need to be fixed before any balance adjustments should be made.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2012, 01:19 AM
Do Insulators help reisit these drones and is our counter ability curently broken? I duno about you but my sheilds are gone after a mater of seconds with these petshops.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2012, 01:35 AM
I agree that fixing the broken aspects is the first step in correcting this imbalance. If they tone these down while simultaneously getting Power Insulators to work then they become useless. That is not what we need.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2012, 02:00 AM
Balance is a many splendid thing. No sense in getting new tires if the engine's busted eh.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2012, 02:33 AM
It would be better to nerf tachyon drones

If they buff insulators when there fixed , they'd have to buff sci boff tachyon skill or sci ships would get yet another nerf
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Even if you could resist these things it does nothing to correct the real issue with carriers at the moment. Holey spammtastic batman. Really as much as we want to go Sub nuke doff Sub nuke doff... how the heck did cryptic think klink cruisers needed a hanger bay... and the fish needed an extra one... while at the same time giving doff abilities too ramp up the spam fest.

I can load a premade to handle the spam that's more annoying then fun but ok... really though what was the point. Have we not been hammering on these guys for 2 years too lighten up the spam. Of course if they show some love too the faction that got shunned we won't complain that they have taken 10 steps backwards as far as spam goes.

Sorry tachyon drones yes annoying... whats really annoying is not being able too kill them fast enough too keep up with doff powered refresh rates... sorry if I can't kill them fast enough... then that means either dedicated sci ship too control them or team focus fire too try to kill them. Its sort of a joke with in a joke. Spam Spam
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Aye, but right now I think the issue is less that the resistance needs a buff so much as that Power Insulators are ignored entirely by certain skills. If that gets corrected then I'd hope to see a series of small carefully considered adjustments to keep things from being worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Even if you could resist these things it does nothing to correct the real issue with carriers at the moment. Holey spammtastic batman. Really as much as we want to go Sub nuke doff Sub nuke doff... how the heck did cryptic think klink cruisers needed a hanger bay... and the fish needed an extra one... while at the same time giving doff abilities too ramp up the spam fest.

I can load a premade to handle the spam that's more annoying then fun but ok... really though what was the point. Have we not been hammering on these guys for 2 years too lighten up the spam. Of course if they show some love too the faction that got shunned we won't complain that they have taken 10 steps backwards as far as spam goes.

Sorry tachyon drones yes annoying... whats really annoying is not being able too kill them fast enough too keep up with doff powered refresh rates... sorry if I can't kill them fast enough... then that means either dedicated sci ship too control them or team focus fire too try to kill them. Its sort of a joke with in a joke. Spam Spam
And just think, the Catian's will be bringing the Feds a Flight Deck Cruiser of their own.. :p