Lt. Commander
# 11
02-25-2012, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
It generally works if the game is centered around PvP.
Considering the Klingon faction was PVP based from the get-go, someone didn't get the memo?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-25-2012, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uus
Considering the Klingon faction was PVP based from the get-go, someone didn't get the memo?
STO was centered around PvP.
STO is centered around PvP.
One of these is wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-25-2012, 03:49 AM
Klingon PVP would work quite fine if the queuing system was stream-lined. It's incredibly inefficient as it is now, really.

As it is, they cap out the number of queues you can join at three, and there's a ton of queues you can potentially join. PVP queue caps count towards PVE queues too, since the game just looks at the number of queues you're in, not the two activities seperately, too. As it is, even if you want to play a PVP match you have to keep checking the queues to make sure you're in an active one, and basically take time from playing the game to monitor it. Which doesn't help Fed or KDF activity since a lot of people don't like to bother with that.

I'm of the opinion that a ton of problems would be solved if they just narrowed all of the various match types down to queuing for each match type alone instead of having queues for KlingVKling (assault map 1), FedVKling (Assault 2), FedVFed (Assault 1), etc, etc.

Add in a check to make sure that Feds or Klings don't always queue together via a timer that lets them pop the queue, and you've successfully reduced queue times by combining the various queues together in a way that ensures that all the people joining the current queues are in lists together, widening the number of players in each new queue.

There's supposedly been open PVP in the works for awhile now in the form of sector control. Not sure what the status of that is.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-25-2012, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeharney View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
EVE Online -> this way.
But probably a bit too hardcore for the likes of you.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-25-2012, 03:52 AM
Quote:
STO was centered around PvP.
STO is centered around PvP.
One of these is wrong.
Guess we know what team you are playing for then.

No one joins the Klingon side for all the fun and exciting things to do... it's all bout killing feds in queues.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-25-2012, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uus
Guess we know what team you are playing for then.

No one joins the Klingon side for all the fun and exciting things to do... it's all bout killing feds in queues.
Actually you don't. But thanks for trying. *pinches cheek* :p

I play PvP on both sides here. Just very very casually between friends.
My main PvP action is taken someplace else. In games where I don't have to suffer PvE changes.

*edit* +1
Let me put it like this.
Why would I play PvP here in it's current relatively broken state?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-25-2012, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Purple
Klingon PVP would work quite fine if the queuing system was stream-lined. It's incredibly inefficient as it is now, really.

As it is, they cap out the number of queues you can join at three, and there's a ton of queues you can potentially join. PVP queue caps count towards PVE queues too, since the game just looks at the number of queues you're in, not the two activities seperately, too. As it is, even if you want to play a PVP match you have to keep checking the queues to make sure you're in an active one, and basically take time from playing the game to monitor it. Which doesn't help Fed or KDF activity since a lot of people don't like to bother with that.

I'm of the opinion that a ton of problems would be solved if they just narrowed all of the various match types down to queuing for each match type alone instead of having queues for KlingVKling (assault map 1), FedVKling (Assault 2), FedVFed (Assault 1), etc, etc.

Add in a check to make sure that Feds or Klings don't always queue together via a timer that lets them pop the queue, and you've successfully reduced queue times by combining the various queues together in a way that ensures that all the people joining the current queues are in lists together, widening the number of players in each new queue.

There's supposedly been open PVP in the works for awhile now in the form of sector control. Not sure what the status of that is.
Well said!

To me, queuing belongs in FPS games not in MMOs. Having to wait to fight is really close to being a game-breaker for me still.

I'd rather there was Open World PVP with real estate to fight over instead of the easy-mode instancing devs favor now-a-days.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-25-2012, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Stats are not differentiated.
You make a change to a skill in PvE>It does the same in PvP. Vice versa.
Please, how does that answer my question?

Quote:
So by all means. Make a new sector just for open PvP.
Actually, I would habe thought Eta Eridani is perfect for this.

Quote:
But as long as PvP is the forgotten stepchild it wont work.
You will have to elaborate on that if you want to be understood.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-25-2012, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeharney View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Why waste time on the minority, and remember time is money, when they can do content for the majority and make even more money. Remember this is a money making enterprise first and foremost not a charity.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-25-2012, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Actually you don't. But thanks for trying. *pinches cheek* :p

I play PvP on both sides here. Just very very casually between friends.
My main PvP action is taken someplace else. In games where I don't have to suffer PvE changes.
I understand your need to get your PVP fix elsewhere. 5v5 is not massively multiplayer nor appealing to me. Haven't been decently PVPing since Shadowbane went kaput, tbh. The odd matches I manage to get into are not going to sustain me and my credit card's interest for too long. Hope the supposed rumors of Open World PVP/ territory control pans out to be more.