Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
02-25-2012, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Guild Wars is the best example for that.
This feature was also added to CoH long before Cryptic sold it to NCSoft (around the time Arenas were introduced iirc) and since both CO and STO are evolutions of that engine it should still be possible, unless they pruned that code while developing CO/STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
02-25-2012, 06:55 AM
Shouldn't this thread be in the Ten Forward section. Furthermore advertising another game in the STO forums is against the TOS. I know this from experience.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
02-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Guild Wars is the best example for that.
A skill that gives a 75% to block will also heal you in PvE. In PvP the heal portion is removed.
(I really don't remember the name of that skill. but I know it's an assassin skill)

Not in mine selcouth and bedazzled world. *throws some glitter* Weee.
City of Heroes does this as well, powers/skills in pvp mode have diffrence effects than in pvp mode. Its much easier to balance this way keeping them seperated like this, you can balance once side without hurting the other.sadly most devs are too lazy/stupid to implement something like this from what I have seen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
02-25-2012, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuc View Post
This feature was also added to CoH long before Cryptic sold it to NCSoft (around the time Arenas were introduced iirc) and since both CO and STO are evolutions of that engine it should still be possible, unless they pruned that code while developing CO/STO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siveria
City of Heroes does this as well, powers/skills in pvp mode have diffrence effects than in pvp mode. Its much easier to balance this way keeping them seperated like this, you can balance once side without hurting the other.sadly most devs are too lazy/stupid to implement something like this from what I have seen.
Oh yeah. I had forgotten that game for some strange yet apparent reason.

Personally I'm blaming on more games not having that system on it being double the workload.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
02-25-2012, 07:08 AM
The only way Cryptic will work to fix PvP is if they can somehow add PvP access to the C-Store. If it can't be in the C-Store, they don't care enough about it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
02-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeharney View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Oh look at me.... I am bad A** BSG player. All you STO players are girls... I am hard core...

Go play EVE. you won't even last a day Care Bear.

/End Thread

*Edit* I would like to see a flagging system kind of like the PVP in Star Wars Galaxies. that we could use in sector space. but what would happen is if you run into another flagged player you go into an instance of your own for PVP. maybe you could have the option to call for help, so that would make a beacon for any other near by PVPers
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
02-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish

*Edit* I would like to see a flagging system kind of like the PVP in Star Wars Galaxies. that we could use in sector space. but what would happen is if you run into another flagged player you go into an instance of your own for PVP. maybe you could have the option to call for help, so that would make a beacon for any other near by PVPers
Could be interesting, yes.

I kinda wish the game wasn't so... I don't know? Sectioned? Divided? for that. I think it would be cooler if Sector Space and System Space where not divided by loading screens, and just only determined by your speed and zoom factor, basically. So you could, while flying at warp, see a few other ships duking it. You fly closer, go to sublight and can engage.

We almost have this kind of "zoom-in" effect with the Nebulas. They look smaller from a distance, but if you enter them, they expand.

Ah, well. That's something for Startrek Online II. I'm looking forward to that one. Unfortunately, it's a pipe dream, not something actually in the works. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
02-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
PvP and PvE stats being dependent on each other is not a good enough reason as to why I do not support the addition of more PvP just yet?
No, mostly because I don't even understand what that is supposed to mean. I can guess, however, that you want different sets of stats for PvE and PvP. I would not see any point in that, though. So, what do you mean, and why should it be required?


Quote:
You are forgetting the Devidian FE. So if they use Eta Eridani they would have to move and rewrite the whole arc.
No, why? They'd just have to take out the new locations used in that arc. But whatever, let them take a new sector block, or new systems withing an existing sector block.

Quote:
New zone is best because there isn't a zone that doesn't have some kind of PvE in it. However the overall view of the map doesn't leave much space for a zone that is between the Fed and KDF.
Above or below, perhaps.

Quote:
[...]
Kerrat is just best forgotten. It's just awful.
No, it is not - but it looks like something that would happen once, maybe twice in the war, not something people do on a daily basis.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
02-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
No, mostly because I don't even understand what that is supposed to mean. I can guess, however, that you want different sets of stats for PvE and PvP. I would not see any point in that, though. So, what do you mean, and why should it be required?
I think... I'm going to give up.
It is the best course of action here with an apparent language barrier being in place.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
02-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
I think... I'm going to give up.
It is the best course of action here with an apparent language barrier being in place.
Well, if you prefer to converse in a language that challenges you less, feel free to use it.

But the idea of using different "laws of physics" depending on who you are fighting, to me, would be a terrible immersion-breaker.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:44 AM.