Lt. Commander
# 51
02-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
I wonder why some people object to adding options to a game?
Because there is nothing optional with open pvp
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Of course it can be entirely optional. Make open PvP only in one sector block (Eta Eridani, for example) or even just a few (preferably new) star systems in Eta Eridani. People who don't want PvP just don't go there, and everything stays the same for them.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirothssj
I ve played BGO for 6 month. And i can tell you, if you look behind that system, there are so many cheaters and hackers. Especially players from russia. And there are some admins who give information to her fleet....for example when and where does the next water asteroid spawn...

Thats the reason why i quit with BGO. I played on Libran / EU.

So my advice for everyone..fly with programms like fraps or hypercam to prove what you see.

Not true - bub
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
If you want PVP so much go play EVE Online. STO is fine the way it is.
people say this, but I don't believe that Eve Online is real PvP

yes, players fight eachother. but it's not skill based. personal/player skill has almost nothing to do with how well you do in Eve.

Time spent skilling up your toon and the number of people with you is all that matters

at least in STO- personal skill matters. it's more of a twitch environment than Eve (which is an orbit+autofire+go to sleep environment)
Lt. Commander
Wolf 359 Battle - Wouldn't u like to see that as PvP in STO ?
Deep space 9 - same as above

It seems every other Star Trek eposodes has tons of combat in it that should be translated into PvP.

All of the Star trek Movies focused on combat which could open a new scope of PvP. Except the one with the whales - that was done for the care bears and my women. Cute whales. That could be a PvE mission.

This game was SOLD for a reason - as it is - i thk it has one foot on a banana peal and the other in a coffin.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Dedicated Open PvP Zone.
PvP Flagging.

Or maybe you think that's not "Open" anymore. But I guess that it will satisfy most. Except those that are never satisfied if everything isn't 100 % like they want it to be, but we can't just look at them.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siveria
Too bad the game sucks, has virtually 0 content, its completly pay to win unless you wanan spend a year to get anything, even upgrading your ships gear costs cash shop currency. Upgrades on most gear has way to little of an effect for the costs least on strikes, the game is boring too, farming asteriods all day is no fun, the game needs some actual missions you can do to earn stuff, I don't mean the dailies I mean actual missions. I think the game has maybe 3 actual missions tops? and they are pretty much tutorials. Pvp combat for the most part is unrewarding there is no real point to it what so ever, holding more systems over the enemy offers no real advantage at all, and pvping just ends up costing you a fortune for very little if any return. The only qualifying thing BSGO has really is the fact its quite pretty for a browser mmo. But other than that the game really has nothing else to offer thats worthwhile.

I'd suggest you just skip bgso there are far better less cash shoppy games out there with open pvp, that have much much more content that bgso can. SOrry but I dob't feel like I need to work my *** off all day farming astriods just to afford one measly upgrade that really doesn't do all that much. They introduced a aoe scanner for asteriods while it sounds nice, they didn't say the ammo it uses and the itemself is a cash shop item, So there you go even more losses. Combat between non-strike ships is also fairly boring, since these ships are really to slow to move they bascally just sit in 1 spot firing at each other and whoever spent the most in the cash shop is who wins always. Fights between strikes on the other hand rely heavily on player skill, due to upgrades not really making much of a diffrence. at lv 15 I took out a lv 40 in a strike vs strike pvp fight, was epic. I won due to better piloting skill, the lv 40 was probally a cash shop baby who bought everything by buying cubits and had actually little skill at the actual game.

Would be nice if strikes could say attack the enemy ships engines, or weapons which knocks them offline for like 10-20s, would bring some stragety and make strikes actually useful in large scale engagements.

Overall my 2 main problems with BGSO is 1: its way to cash shop based, 2: its quite frankly boring due to a lack of anything to do in the game thats actually ya know fun.

I already told you BSG is a PvP game and needs Missions like STO - there is no shame in being a PvEer.
From your statement above - you havent been part of Fleet Battles -

Just so others know - i patrol Cylon space and attack what i can - an leaving when the odds r not in my favor.
I don't do roids anymore. I'm in it FOR THE WAR.

As for spending money on items - funny you should that mention that - so what is the C-Store - or the inflated prices of PURPLE items ?
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeharney View Post
It seems every other Star Trek eposodes has tons of combat in it that should be translated into PvP.

Wait every other episode of star trek has tons of combat in it? Really. where did I miss that. I thought star trek was more about the human condition and the way technology has helped humanity to expand through the stars and to seek knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeharney View Post

All of the Star trek Movies focused on combat which could open a new scope of PvP. Except the one with the whales - that was done for the care bears and my women. Cute whales. That could be a PvE mission.
I was going to type out an entire break down of star trek movies and combat.. but there is no point. You sir. are trolling. That or your an idiot. I am not 100% sure which one it really is. But Star Trek 4 or the one with whales... Told a good ( if maybe preachy ) story and didn't need pew pew....

anyway.. it is clear you have no clue what you are talking about what so ever. My proof is the fact that you said every other star trek episode has tons of combat, and saying star trek 4 was done for women...

Anyway. shouldn't you be in school right now, or doing that bagging thing in halo reach or something like that?
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
thats the beauty of an instance game that is divided into zones.

open pvp does not mean automatically mean everybody, everywhere gets to pvp. it means an area (can be one giant map, or zone) is dedicated to open pvp and you enter at your own risk. dont want to enter then just leave the zone/instance/map alone.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
people say this, but I don't believe that Eve Online is real PvP

yes, players fight eachother. but it's not skill based. personal/player skill has almost nothing to do with how well you do in Eve.

Time spent skilling up your toon and the number of people with you is all that matters

at least in STO- personal skill matters. it's more of a twitch environment than Eve (which is an orbit+autofire+go to sleep environment)
well, as I was involved in a newbie sortie in PVP space with my friends, got jumped on by 2 ships one in a 6 year old char, another same age as mine at 5 years, we were all in frigates, they in a battleship and cruiser, we killed them both. It's not about age of your ship, especially when I was flying with mainly 1-4 month old pilots. So I refute your statement.