Lt. Commander
# 41
02-27-2012, 07:26 PM
So what is this point defense console?

Also, are orbital turrets a KDF only item or are they available to fed characters?

I have to do the missions two more times on each character in order to get all the reward items and the missions are easier now that I know how to get past the little glitches and I am more familiar with the map.
I can do the missions without the wicked witch yelling at me.

(Farek sounds like the wicked witch from the original Wizard of Oz movie).
Lt. Commander
# 42 Operation Head Scratcher
02-27-2012, 07:46 PM
The first part wasn't too hard, after I figured out to target the worker bees first then take out the fighters. but the second part has me stumped. I have the engineering report as to the sequence but I can't see to start the scans shen I get near each derelict. I hit V for scan, I try F to use. nothing happens. I guess I'm dense. What am I missing?
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandrogue
The first part wasn't too hard, after I figured out to target the worker bees first then take out the fighters. but the second part has me stumped. I have the engineering report as to the sequence but I can't see to start the scans shen I get near each derelict. I hit V for scan, I try F to use. nothing happens. I guess I'm dense. What am I missing?

When you approach the derelict ships, a dialog box pops up which says "scan ship" or similar. Click that and the scan begins and the tricky part is seeing the result of this scan so that you can select the proper type of scan (there are 3 scans for each derelict ship). The first scan just shows what the material is, but the result of this appears either behind the dialog box or off in a corner. The trick is to position your camera so you can see behind the box. It is that way for me but I am using an 11 diameter laptop.

I could not do this quickly enough so I wrote down the information contained in the engineering report so that I can act on the scans. I can't remember this information when I need it but making a note solved that.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-27-2012, 11:18 PM
I finally finished the Gamma mission, but the sensors were a nightmare for me. I had a difficult time geting use to my shuttle changing siizes. Sometimes the shuttle looked like a dot on the screen and I couldn't keep track of where I was. If my shuttle would have stayed the same size, it would not have been so difficult. Having to start over at the Alpha sensor was driving me nuts. On the other hand, the rest of the missin was easy and the swamers were fun. I'll never try to repeat this mission. Too frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-28-2012, 02:58 AM
I didn't have much trouble at all with the deactivating of DS9's sensors, though sometimes flying around the station was a pain. I did see one Jem'Hadar fighter get stuck in the station structure, but it did eventually move so I was able to kill it.

Whenever they appeared, I concentrated on killing the worker bee drones first. Once they were done, I went after the fighters.

The character I played this mission is an engineer. I didn't have any trouble in scanning and retrieving the materials from the four derelict ships. The engineering report I saw made it pretty plain what scans and the order they had to be in for the three different materials.

I noticed you had to get within 1km of the derelict ships before the 'Scan Ship' prompt came up.

I played 'Of Bajor' and 'Operation Gamma' and I really enjoyed both of them very much.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-28-2012, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpieboy View Post
For those that have the point defense console the swarmers are a piece of cake.
And for those who don't, Fire at Will is instant win as well.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Something I've noticed on the FE's past and present, is that it's a good idea to take notes (you know, withe a pen and paper I know I know how barbaric), that way when you get to teh puzzle portions it's a little easier to get through them
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-28-2012, 12:34 PM
I just finished this mission with my vice admiral science officer in a captain's yacht. For this character, it was a pretty easy mission. I probably had a big advantage though, with a torpedo platform (obtained from a duty officer mission) in one of the device slots, and Photonic Fleet. Having read this thread beforehand, I made sure my BOff had Beam Array: Fire at Will, which was extremely useful both against the fighters and the swarms. I also had the automated defense turret in the tactical slot, but BA:FAW took care of most of the enemies. For the ship's weapons, I swapped out the torpedo for another beam array to get the most out of BA:FAW.

Without those advantages, I can see that the mission could be pretty challenging. But not impossible.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergames View Post
I finally finished the Gamma mission, but the sensors were a nightmare for me. I had a difficult time geting use to my shuttle changing siizes. Sometimes the shuttle looked like a dot on the screen and I couldn't keep track of where I was. If my shuttle would have stayed the same size, it would not have been so difficult. Having to start over at the Alpha sensor was driving me nuts. On the other hand, the rest of the missin was easy and the swamers were fun. I'll never try to repeat this mission. Too frustrating.
If you have a mouse with a role button in the center, you can change the size of your vessel. I rolled mine until it was big enough to where I could see it and get trough the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-28-2012, 07:01 PM
The first part of the mission is annoying as hell. Yes, you can actually do it without blowing up if you make sure that you have at least one shield heal (admittedly, doing it with a KDF member is easier, because Disable Sensors is much more helpful than tractor beam), but it's just really annoying and not fun at all. Compound that by the fact that you have to do it twice to get the space set items. The sample collecting was hard at first, but once you realize that you can get within about 4km of the swarmers without aggroing them, it gets easier. Only takes me about 5 mintues to do that now.

And it is fun blowing that nasally little rat away at the end