Lt. Commander
# 1 Voice Recognition possible?
02-25-2012, 12:20 PM
I was wondering if it is possible to set the game to do voice recognition commands.

I've dabbled with this using a 3rd party program to 'keybind' the bridge officer power bar slot number to a voice command and most of the times it works and its awesome. However the program glitches from time to time due to CPU load (having game then vox recog program running same time).

If a voice command option could be implented it'd be grand.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2012, 04:02 AM
With the integrated windows voice recognition feature, it would be very easy to set voice recognition with STO.

The longest part would actually be doing the voice setup, which is not very fun. It's possible to link the voice program with any other.

You could set custom bind voice command to a specific key or custom function, which key are themself binded to a function.

Per example: -''fire''(as voice command) could be linked to ''spacebar'' that fire all energy weapons.
-''torpedos'' could be linked to ''ctrl+spacebar'' combo to fire all aligned fire arc weapons.
-''target'' could be linked to custom macro-key bind to team chat to set fire on specific target.
-''shields'' could be linked to shields balance.

And so on...

This game is already very heavy in hard drive space requirements and (almost)daily patches, so please do no ask for more updates and addons. Devellopment personel is ''busy'' with the game.

Make sure any setting you put foward does not trigger built-in voice software commands.

Have fun.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2012, 05:20 AM
My Girlfreind would hate me... my kids on the other hand... they would love me...

xD