Lt. Commander
# 21
02-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipplor View Post
its only giving polaron weapons a 2.5 % chance to remove a buff

hardly game breaking
Doesnt matter if its game breaking or not... (and quite frankly 2.5% is a big chance with many weapons firing) Its the principle of it...
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
its only giving polaron weapons a 2.5 % chance to remove a buff

hardly game breaking
Oh. I wouldn't say that... A ship loaded to the gills with Polarons and the full set, the odds of it causing a buff removal skyrocket, as this is per weapon, so a ship loaded with Polarons assuming a 4X4 weapon layout can yield up to a 10% chance of removing a Buff per volley, assuming weapons of the other facing don't get involved, if they do, tack on another 5% for a 15% chance of Buff Removal per volley, add in FAW, and Cannon Volley/Cannon Rapid fire, and it could be a real headache to the victim...
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiveman5
Oh. I wouldn't say that... A ship loaded to the gills with Polarons and the full set, the odds of it causing a buff removal skyrocket, as this is per weapon, so a ship loaded with Polarons assuming a 4X4 weapon layout can yield up to a 10% chance of removing a Buff per volley, assuming weapons of the other facing don't get involved, if they do, tack on another 5% for a 15% chance of Buff Removal per volley, add in FAW, and Cannon Volley/Cannon Rapid fire, and it could be a real headache to the victim...
The bug ship has a 4/3 setup. I guess that is a PvP issue mostly. Be assured I hate Pvp and my bug will never "bug" you.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
The bug ship has a 4/3 setup. I guess that is a PvP issue mostly. Be assured I hat Pvp and my bug will never "bug" you.
That's good to know, because flying around farming in Ker'rat is more then enough PvP action then I can chew... Though Bug ships don't seem to be popular PvP ships anyway, I've yet to see one in all the instance and time I've spent at Ker'rat and that's a lot of time... In fact I'm in game right now in Ker'rat and no Bug ship. I have seen a few Galors, but thats because they're still being handed out, though not as rapidly as they did on the first 10 days of the lock box event. I guess people have lock boxed out... lol! Anyway with this set coming out I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more Bugs come to Ker'rat or any Arena to test it out.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon304 View Post
Doesnt matter if its game breaking or not... (and quite frankly 2.5% is a big chance with many weapons firing) Its the principle of it...
the principle ?

so its okay for the Galor to come with 4 free weapons and the bug to not come with anything ?
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
the principle ?

so its okay for the Galor to come with 4 free weapons and the bug to not come with anything ?
thats the thing, they could come up with a weapon, console, etc. for the reward and so if you already have the bug ship, you will recive the bonus
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-25-2012, 07:43 PM
thats exactly what they have done with the jem hadar attack ship bonus using the 3 piece set
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
The bug ship has a 4/3 setup. I guess that is a PvP issue mostly. Be assured I hate Pvp and my bug will never "bug" you.
No offence but, I was not lucky enought to get the "bug" or the "galor" so I hope the set does not boost the jem'hadar ship.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSmith
No offence but, I was not lucky enought to get the "bug" or the "galor" so I hope the set does not boost the jem'hadar ship.
But it kinda does.... Even though I have the ship, Im not sure if its a good idea to introduce ship specific bonusses on top of set bonusses. Unless they do it for other ships as well.... non-lottery ships...
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
But it kinda does.... Even though I have the ship, Im not sure if its a good idea to introduce ship specific bonusses on top of set bonusses. Unless they do it for other ships as well.... non-lottery ships...
Now that would be nice unless they add Jem'hadar attack fighters as a device like the "Scorpion fighters" and that is what the bonus is for.