Lt. Commander
# 11
02-25-2012, 09:49 PM
If you dont like shooter mode then just stay in RPG mode(like I do). The faster pacing is still much better than before.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
If you dont like shooter mode then just stay in RPG mode(like I do). The faster pacing is still much better than before.
Even if he stays in RPG mode he will still have the problem with the spring spines..

As for the difference between RPG and Shooter. I lately have used both... It depends on what mood I am in to be honest.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-25-2012, 10:00 PM
I have to say that I have played many mmo's and STO for me is the best I have played. Yes it has issues and a few times I have gotton po'ed BUT, it is Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-25-2012, 10:22 PM
This is definitely one of the weaker rage quits I've ever read. To be fair, though, I'm usually too busy to bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
Even if he stays in RPG mode he will still have the problem with the spring spines.
Not if he's in aim-mode.

It'll take a year to walk anywhere at that speed, but at least it looks cool.

[EDIT] P.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardolin-Vosh
Saw that the game went 'free-to-play' which was no surprise (except to life-time subscribers) as it was designed that way from the start.
I got my LT sub at the end of Beta. So, not only did it pay for itself before F2P, but now I get all the vet benefits AND the stipend for free. What part of that am I supposed to not be happy about?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-26-2012, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Bad ground combat isn't an issue worth unsubbing over, but springy spines are absolutely intolerable.

Seems a little backwards to me. Just sayin'.
That's it. I'm going to rage quit because the combadges keep clipping with large busts.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-26-2012, 03:58 AM
Quote:
<snip>
Oh well, I'm thinking, the space game is still fun.
The new skill set sucks, forcing me to spend skill points in ground skills sucks bad.</snip>
Really? You preferred when we had to spec into different weapons and ships and then be gimped or have to respec if we wanted to fly with anything else? I'll gladly sacrifice the points I have to put in ground skills for the ability to try out new ship and weapon combinations without having to respec/reroll.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-26-2012, 04:45 AM
Quote:
The overpowered insta-wipe NPC's are still present in B-Tran.
Get a Pulsewave Assault rifle. High damage, huge knockback. Blows the crap out of those dual pistol ensigns.

By the way, nobody wastes time doing B'Tran dailies anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-26-2012, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Why so serious about being serious?
Isn't that my line?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-26-2012, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Oh well, I'm thinking, the space game is still fun.
The new skill set sucks, forcing me to spend skill points in ground skills sucks bad.
Here's what you do:

Spend 66,000 skillpoints (the bare minimum) on low level ground skills like the ones that boost your hitpoints and damage, etc.

You know you can only spend a certain number of skillpoints on space, so more points on low level space skills = less points available in high level space skills. You always need to fullfil a quota of skillpoints in the lower ranks to qualifiy for the next rank up. But since ground and space skill pools are separate, you get more effective points to max out the high level space skills if you invest in low level ground skills.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Ground combat didn't speed up for everyone. Some of us were taking advantage of the exploit mechanic before ground 2.0. The new ground combat was a failure they didn't fix all the things they said they would. I know, I know "plans change". Some of misunderstood just because they said they were going to fix this stuff didn't mean they would. They left the bolt spray bug in and added new problems like shotguns could one shot you too.

One on the main issues with shooter mode is your team runs in front of you and obstructs your reticle. Which can cause you to loose your target and miss a exploit attack. The ability to miss in shooter mode is stupid. Because you already have to chance to miss because you don't have target lock. So you loose a lot of damage. I have actually missed three exposed targets in one shot with a split beam rifle and it struck all three. So there is no reason to use shooter mode RPG does more DPS because you have no chance to miss.

They also ruined roll because it wont cancel your attack and roll. It waits until after the shot and rolls you don't need to roll a second after you need it. They also ruined crouch so if you move it breaks it.
Closed Thread