Lt. Commander
# 1 C-Points and SHIPS
02-25-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm pretty sure this question got asked many times and I'm just a recent newbie to this STO, which is great by the way.

I've just recently purchased C-points and I was wondering:
If, for instance, your rank is a Commander and want to buy, let's say a Federation Dreadnought Cruiser (Venture refit variant), which require you to be a Vice Admiral to be able to play this ship. If I buy this ship through C-Points and unlock it, will I be able to play this ship even though my rank is a Commander?

Thank you for reading this message.

Peace and long life.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2012, 09:54 PM
No, you can not even unlock it until you are the appropriate rank.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-14-2012, 01:15 PM
On a similare note to the question above - I have a couple of purchased ships - but have thought about deleting my current character and crating a new one. If I do this - willI still have those ships (when I get to the right level that is)
Or would I have just wasted 4k credits?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2012, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosuk83
On a similare note to the question above - I have a couple of purchased ships - but have thought about deleting my current character and crating a new one. If I do this - willI still have those ships (when I get to the right level that is)
Or would I have just wasted 4k credits?
Check the text in the C-Store carefully. As far as I know, all ships are account unlocks, that means nothing gets wasted if you delete a character. But recently, some items have been added that are character unlocks. Basically. Account Unlock -> You're good to go. Character Unlock -> Be really sure that you'll want to keep this character forever.