Lt. Commander
# 1 to all stf pugs
03-08-2012, 03:45 AM
So many threads on picking up bad STF teams, you can all easily avoid this by setting up a private STF then asking politly in zone chat if anyone wants to join you. When you have a full team dont load the map untill you have spoke to the team about the job at hand, if you get no response from someone in the team just remove them and get someone else. Yea it may take a few mins more to get an STF going but at least you know your team is good to go.

Join an active fleet, I know several that have mulitple teams of stf's going all the time. There are also a few stf chats that you can join to pick up good teams.

So next time dont just jump in a random team and cry if it fails, do as above and enjoy.

Hope your all well

PS: please excuse my grammer I know its not the best
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2012, 06:25 PM
preformed teams dont fix the problem with pugs, they give you a way around them(hopefully, some preformed teams i have joined by "experianced players" turned out to be jokes with me trying to teach how to do elites to people who refused to use the chat window in mission....

the pugs need fixed or removed from elite, it IS driving players away...and it IS a problem bethere wouldnt be 5+ posts a week about it if it wasnt a problem...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2012, 06:37 PM
I have yet to play another MMO wherein players who choose to group with random people appear to be angry at the game developers for being allowed to make this choice.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
I have yet to play another MMO wherein players who choose to group with random people appear to be angry at the game developers for being allowed to make this choice.
wow, you must not have played many mmo's......blizzard(wow) and most other mmo's that allow pugging have alot of *****ing even with kick vote type systems in place.....but again, with most of them you have the same kinda crap I have ran into with sto lately, people griefing (intentionally joining in shuttles for example)

I have played hundreds of mmo's over the years, f2p and p2p and private servers, and honestly, this games que system is one of the worst i have seen, no filtering for stuff that should be common sense to block(like shuttles in stf....)

who the **** wants shuttles in stf.........other then people looking for lulz?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:
The implementation was based off of majority of fed players and most of the good players played kdf so they couldn't ever team up. So this was the answer cross faction teaming.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2012, 10:10 PM
I believe what my friend Synk is trying to say...

Is that you should not blame the developers for allowing you to make poor choices.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2012, 01:40 AM
Exactly.

I've played WoW for years. The complaints from the queue system are about terrible players. No one sits around blaming Blizzard for a tank wearing leather or a healer in DPS gear or players who have no idea what the correct strategies are.

'course, they have a simplistic gear check (not flawless and has its own downsides, mind you -- see examples above) and level requirements to at least weed out some potential issues.

In any case, the general vibe of these particular posts is frustration at other players and perhaps not an appropriate place for my observation. But it's posts -- many just like AshenTech's -- throughout this community that seem to somehow blame the developers for it all instead of being glad they provided a quick and easy means to get to the action. And to have cross-faction groups, as noted. That's all pretty great.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-10-2012, 06:51 AM
Quote:
sts is frustration at other players and perhaps not an appropriate place for my observation. But it's posts -- many just like AshenTech's -- throughout this community that seem to somehow blame the developers for it all instead of being glad they provided a quick and easy means to get to the action. And to have cross-faction groups, as noted. That's all pretty great.
I thought Hellgate community was bad until I came over here. =P

Some people don't care about doing it with PUGs, normal *or* elite. Are you going to deny *them* their convenience? Think about which one the simpler option would be. I'm not even going to bother trying to spell it out.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-10-2012, 07:01 AM
I have run hundreds of stfs, a mixture of normal and elites. The preformed teams seem to do the best. My fleet usually run a hand ful a night, depending on what else is going on. We usually have no problems with getting optionals. But if you have 1 pug in there...it seems to all go to hell. As said above no one uses the chat bar. When you try to explain you are met with silence. I think required tutorials are needed before you can jump in some of these. I wouldnt want to give away the whole mission but some basics.

Other games have spectators modes which would be cool, so an inexperienced person could watch another in it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-10-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdocduck View Post
I have run hundreds of stfs, a mixture of normal and elites. The preformed teams seem to do the best. My fleet usually run a hand ful a night, depending on what else is going on. We usually have no problems with getting optionals. But if you have 1 pug in there...it seems to all go to hell. As said above no one uses the chat bar. When you try to explain you are met with silence. I think required tutorials are needed before you can jump in some of these. I wouldnt want to give away the whole mission but some basics.

Other games have spectators modes which would be cool, so an inexperienced person could watch another in it.
Really. The problem isn't the "pugs" - it's people acting like idiots. Do you really think tutorials will make a difference? People who skip through and ignore everything will do exactly that, tutorial or no tutorial. People who has no interest in coordinating won't coordinate with the rest of the group, chat or no chat. People who want to fool around will fool around, STF or no STF. It's faux pas, but so is farting in public.

But spectator mode will be excellent.