Lt. Commander
# 1 Purchasable ships
03-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Why don't they all have universal Boff slots? If Im gonna buy one I would like to put any officer on them where I want them. I've been comparing all of them to the free Odessey ship I have and none of them have the layout I need and this is a major restriction which means I won't be buying one (speaking of the 1600 and 2000 C-Credit ships, IE the $25 ships). The Klingon B'rel ship has this (starter ship), why don't all the paid Fed ships have this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2012, 02:43 AM
They don't have it because it would be massively overpowered. The Klingon B'rel has it because it is a Bird of Prey, which all have universal Boff slots. I am still wondering why ANY fed ships have universal Boff slots
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2012, 04:02 AM
Well I meant still limiting it to specific ranks on the officers, but if your going to pay money for a ship it would be a nice money making feature. Even the Odessey has a universal slot. If this was the case I would buy a ship but after looking over what I got for free and what I would have to pay for, think I will pass for now, I got better than anything I could pay for.

This is just an idea for Cryptic to cater to the paying customers. especially considering all of the complaints I've seen about what the p2p and lifetime members have been making lately about their lack of bonuses....
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERLOURD
I am still wondering why ANY fed ships have universal Boff slots
Well, there was a lot of complaints that the U-slots on the BoP was unfair to the feds (though the BoP pays heavily for those slots) so the Devs caved and started parceling out U-slots on more vessels in the game.........

You are right though, if ther game went all U-slots on all vessels the balance it has would flop around around in a quick death throw, not to mention how vanilla the game would become with any ship capable of filling the role of any other ship ingame.