Lt. Commander
# 31
02-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Ok let me put in my two cents what cryptic should do.

1:Re tool how the cut scenes load so that there is a loading screen that loads all the content needed for the scene. "To do away with the floating eye's and teeth."
2:Replace the games main story episodes with new and recreation episodes for each front with ones that has voice over.
3:Have each front have at least 20 episodes in stead of the later ones going less and less.

-Some plot out lines I thought up that can work.-
Starting story could be where the Federation, Klingon empire and romulan star empire are all at war with each other.
How ever the Federation and cardassian are now allies and bajor is full members of the federation.
In this case when we are federation we should have access to cardassian home world and shipyard meaning we should be able to buy low tier cardassian ships. Also the same should be true for bajoran hardware as well.
-Now on to the direction the story seems to be trying to go.-
The Undine (Species 8472) has infiltrated the Klingon government and romulan star empire.
The story could progress where the Klingon's find out about the Undine deception and reenter there alliance with the federation.
How ever the Romulan star empire find out about the Undine and given the romulans have always been anti federation and they blame the vulcan and federation for romulus they choose to side with the Undine.

The borg could also be kept as the neutral third party after every one.
Species selection and unlock system.
Federation and romulan unlocked at the start.
To unlock klingon reach the federation mission where the federation and klingons become allies.
To unlock Undine reach the romulan mission where the undine and romulans become allies.

To unlock the jem'hadar faction "Complete the secret dominion mission set."
jem'hadar faction would use the story and mission set from the federtaion but with a twist.
To unlock the reman faction "Complete both romulan and federation mission sets."
The special reman faction would have a unique mission set that ends with a choice of joining any of the 4 major super powers.

Well there is my ideas hope you like em.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehra
Ya know, what would REALLY be boss, but I doubt they have the existing tech for it, would be a Nemesis of your choosing for each character. You'd have some basic templates to pick from but you could pick how they look, what they're named, etc. Then they'd appear randomly and sabotage your missions or whatever. They could run with it. The idea of a personal nemesis I think is more appealing to just one vilian for everyone to share.
If anyone had the tech for this, it would be Cryptic. What you describe is a major feature of Champions Online. No idea how easy it would be to port it over to Trek, but I am not sure it would work here.
In Champions you get a random alert to a Nemesis mission with predetermined cutscenes and story.
It requires that the baddie himself must be pretty generic and would just change abilities based on his class and have different minions.
So a Klingon Nemesis would do the same stuff an Romulan or Terran Nemesis would do and that agenda would be pretty limited to fit all variations.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-27-2012, 12:01 AM
I will happily take on that role:

I need:
  • A fresh Alien char
  • The ability to spawn things inside the game
  • Free roam.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-27-2012, 12:08 AM
A neat recurring villain would be your mirror self. That is assuming they can come up with a way to write mission text that would make sense for everyone, and the ability for the game to 'clone' your character, perhaps in a different costume, but you anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-27-2012, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Throughout the game there are minor villains like B'Vat, and Harkeev and a couple of other who appear in a couple of episodes but we seem to be sorely lacking a major recurring villain.

Now I know a lot of the big trek villains only ever appeared in a handful of missions but they would often hang around for years. All our villains seem to be dead within a 5 episode arc that take place one after the other. You cant build up decent villians if they all get killed too soon.

Now that we have voice over and cut scenes these characters can play a more prominent role in the story, so please can we start fleshing them out and giving our captains some real challenges?
What major Villians hung around?

Kahn? Died in ST II
Tomalak - IMO minor Villain on the order of Hakeev.
Weoun - Gone after DS9 and the end of the Dominion War
Female Founder - I'd say making an appearence next week.

Most Star Trek villians were not really either major or all that recurring; and I think with the Iconian storyline; and the STF storyline, and the rest of the mission line; there are a number of recurring villains that are still around are on par with what we've seen in the Star Trek franchise over the years, That said, if Cryptic has an idea to give STO a major viillain the recurrs, by all means - bring it on.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo

You cant build up decent villians if they all get killed too soon.

Now that we have voice over and cut scenes these characters can play a more prominent role in the story, so please can we start fleshing them out and giving our captains some real challenges?
The thing is, with the style of this game and CRYPTIC's notorious avoidance in providing true content, making a fleshed out re-occuring villian will be a difficult thing to do. Some folks jokingly state that CRYPTIC is the main enemy of STO, but in truth they aren't far from the truth.

However; for the sake of the theme of this thread - I understand your position on the matter, and I 100% agree with you.

In the TV series we see that prominent villians or even players are:

Q, Lore, Sela, Dukat / Weyoun, House of Duras, Lursa & B'etor, Borg Queen

In the movies we have:

V'Ger, Khan, General Kang, The One, Soran, Borg Queen, Shizon etc...
__________________________________________________ ______________________

If STO is to have a main villian, it has to be someone tied into the political arena of things with a hidden agenda.

I recommend making a villian based off:

A) the Mirror universe fleet

B) Bring back Lore with his connection with his renegade band of Borg

C) Sela and the Iconians

D) A Changeling - that disrupt the alpha powers with the Alphas and True Way involvement.

E) Have the Neural Parasites or "Bluegills" return as an original TNG nemesis from the Episode "Consipracy"

F) or a brilliant random generated political villian that has influence over the Klingon Empire, Romulan Star Empire, and the Federation.

They did have a Klingon Captain that was very involved in the Klingon episodes - but he was killed off in the mission "Times pass" - remember he kidnapped the child of Tom and Belanna

Also in the spirit of TOS - a main reoccurring villian should be a Klingon that crosses your Captain at every path - your nemesis - that randomly appears at the most crucial of moments to disrupt your missions or even cripple your ship.

Like Kirk vs Kor and Kang

Picard vs Lursa and B'etor

In the end, you both team up against the Borg - with your rival sacrificing him or herself in a suicide run against the borg (How the True end game should be)
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-27-2012, 04:38 AM
The problem with it being a Klingon is that wouldn't work for both factions very easily. In all honesty, I think Sela has everything that's needed, a compelling backstory, a history of being villainous and troublesome to both the Federation and the Empire, a hotline to the shadowy "big bad" that's been hinted at but never revealed in it's full strength, and she's survived a feature episode without being killed in the most frustrating and villainous means possible: you're about to get her, then you'er denied.

Sela makes sense to me, both major powers have a score to settle with her, and vise versa, and the player has a score to settle with her, and vise versa. And as far as I can tell, we love settling scores, look at the reviews for Hunting Slamek, I loved that mission, props to the chap who made it.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-27-2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
The problem with it being a Klingon is that wouldn't work for both factions very easily. In all honesty, I think Sela has everything that's needed, a compelling backstory, a history of being villainous and troublesome to both the Federation and the Empire, a hotline to the shadowy "big bad" that's been hinted at but never revealed in it's full strength, and she's survived a feature episode without being killed in the most frustrating and villainous means possible: you're about to get her, then you'er denied.

Sela makes sense to me, both major powers have a score to settle with her, and vise versa, and the player has a score to settle with her, and vise versa. And as far as I can tell, we love settling scores, look at the reviews for Hunting Slamek, I loved that mission, props to the chap who made it.
I was thinking Sela would be a great main baddie for all the reasons you state. If they could get Denise Crosby for the VO work then all the better.

That saves cryptic even having to make a baddie up as there is already one willing and waiting.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-27-2012, 05:43 AM
I was going to say The Undine.

But then I figured, meh, why not just use Ragnaros? He's probably not that busy these days.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-27-2012, 05:50 AM
I agree with the original poster but I would go further. I think they should implement something like Champions Online where we each get a chance to create a Nemesis.

Kirk had Khan
Picard had Tomalak, Q
Sisko had Gul Dukat

It would be cool if at a certain level we could create a personal Nemesis and they randomly appear overtime in missions.