Lt. Commander
# 41
02-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
A neat recurring villain would be your mirror self. That is assuming they can come up with a way to write mission text that would make sense for everyone, and the ability for the game to 'clone' your character, perhaps in a different costume, but you anyway.
I played a Foundry mission someone made that did this very well. Can't recall the name of it though.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-27-2012, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrott View Post
a Nemesis.
I was under the impression not many people around here liked Star Trek Nemesis?

ZING!

Lt. Commander
# 43
02-27-2012, 06:05 AM
STO already has a major villain, Jack Emmert.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
What major Villians hung around?

Kahn? Died in ST II
Tomalak - IMO minor Villain on the order of Hakeev.
Weoun - Gone after DS9 and the end of the Dominion War
Female Founder - I'd say making an appearence next week.

Most Star Trek villians were not really either major or all that recurring; and I think with the Iconian storyline; and the STF storyline, and the rest of the mission line; there are a number of recurring villains that are still around are on par with what we've seen in the Star Trek franchise over the years, That said, if Cryptic has an idea to give STO a major viillain the recurrs, by all means - bring it on.
Tomalak is more multidimensional than Hakeev. He's showed a deeply honorable strain, which could make him the Romulan Picard... or could lead him to become the Romulan Dukat. That would take a solid Andreas Katsulas impersonator, however, since he's no longer with us.

And we could stand a new villain... But I'd like to see them get the multi-dimensional Dukat treatment. Not some madman with a weapon but someone who we run into, who helps us at times, a noble adversary with a checkered past who alternates between ally and adversary before plunging into madness.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
A neat recurring villain would be your mirror self. That is assuming they can come up with a way to write mission text that would make sense for everyone, and the ability for the game to 'clone' your character, perhaps in a different costume, but you anyway.
They've hinted at this. The Bajoran prophecies in "Of Bajor" basically come out and say that we'll be sent to the Mirror Universe by the Tholians and face our counterpart when we're there.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
They've hinted at this. The Bajoran prophecies in "Of Bajor" basically come out and say that we'll be sent to the Mirror Universe by the Tholians and face our counterpart when we're there.
Assuming the 2800 will be included somewhere in the cardassian chain it's most likely just a teaser for the already existing mirror episodes flavored with a bit of "yes we watched TOS" speech.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrott View Post
I agree with the original poster but I would go further. I think they should implement something like Champions Online where we each get a chance to create a Nemesis.

Kirk had Khan
Picard had Tomalak, Q
Sisko had Gul Dukat
Archer had Silik
Janeway had... Well.. she was pretty nuts, so I geuss her nemesis was her mood swings...
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Janeway had... Well.. she was pretty nuts, so I geuss her nemesis was her mood swings...
Jal Culluh? Seska? The Borg?
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Archer had Silik
Janeway had the Borg Queen and Seska
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-27-2012, 08:10 AM
You call thoose nemesis?

I MIGHT agree that entire factions were nemesises, but I still belive that Janeways reckless attitude was more of her own enemy than anything.