Lt. Commander
# 51
02-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
Assuming the 2800 will be included somewhere in the cardassian chain it's most likely just a teaser for the already existing mirror episodes flavored with a bit of "yes we watched TOS" speech.
Except the text hints at the Tholians, who haven't appeared yet in game.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-27-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I agree but I recall from seeing the Iconians that they don't exactly look very human. I think they need somebody like Dukat was for the Dominion. In a perfect world, I'd like for that to BE Dukat.
Except Dukat is stuck in Bajoran Hell right now.

Quote:
I'd also like to see something done with the plot point that the Borg came about 200,000 years ago
If you are talking about Dragon's Teeth all they said was that the Borg were a minor threat back then instead of the dred of the Alpha and Delta qudrants.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-27-2012, 08:37 AM
The borg queen is the major villain LOL
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
Except Dukat is stuck in Bajoran Hell right now.
Iconians can open gates anywhere in space and time. They were even able to get to fluidic space on their own and sent some Borg to the Saratoga at Wolf 359.

Theoretically, they could pull anyone they wanted as an ally. Genghis Khan. Finnegan. Colonel Green. Dukat. Duras. Anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Throughout the game there are minor villains like B'Vat, and Harkeev and a couple of other who appear in a couple of episodes but we seem to be sorely lacking a major recurring villain.
You mean besides the decision makers who are throwing stuff at us like spam messages, pay to use loot and now a set that give bonuses to a ship that was an extremely rare drop or C-Store gamble during a limited time only event?

Seems to me STO already has some very heinous villains... I hate to think what they will think up next...
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Couldn't have put it better myself Trueheart, but beware, talking sense on these forums will earn you an infraction. Check your inbox.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-27-2012, 09:25 AM
We need the borg queen to start making appearences, since there always would be a borg queen, that way you can kill her of only to have her return, again and again. Her persona, traits etc stored within the collective. Downloaded into a new body should the previous one get dismantled. Thats your major villian.

Idea:
Mirror Forces, A mirror version of your captain. Some timey-wimey complex reason that links his/her life to yours, he/she dies you die. Thus stopping him from dying only being detained at the end of a story arc, and being as resourceful as you are, will always escape to show up another day.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas2409
Couldn't have put it better myself Trueheart, but beware, talking sense on these forums will earn you an infraction. Check your inbox.
"Talking sense" by calling Cryptic "heinous villains?"

No, that's just trolling.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-27-2012, 10:06 AM
The problem isn't just lack of a major villain, it's lack of important characters in general. You don't really make any connections with any characters throughout the game.

The major thing lacking in the storyline missions are memorable recurring characters. Star Trek was about characters, not just flying around in ships. And while the player's character will always play a large role in resolving problems, they should still get help/hindrance from memorable NPCs.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
The problem isn't just lack of a major villain, it's lack of important characters in general. You don't really make any connections with any characters throughout the game.

The major thing lacking in the storyline missions are memorable recurring characters. Star Trek was about characters, not just flying around in ships. And while the player's character will always play a large role in resolving problems, they should still get help/hindrance from memorable NPCs.
BTW, depending on how much they had to edit for time, I discussed this in my Primetime UGC interview which I think goes live today.