Lt. Commander
# 1 new FE engines not working
02-26-2012, 09:47 AM
so yesterday i did the FE and choose the new engines as my reward. i equipped then and noticed i was not getting the 2.5 weapon power like it said in the description.

i also messed with my engine and weapon power settings and the bonus thats under the weapon power was still at 0 (says next to it efficient at low power levels).

i brought just the wpn power to 25, engines to 25, both to the lowest setting possible at the same time and my wpn power levels stayed the same when i swapped out the engines with my borg engines. anyone else have this issue as well?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2012, 09:52 AM
are you doing this in sector space, "Safe space" Like around ESD or an actual game mission map? sometimes you wont see all yoru bonuses unless your on a space mission map.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2012, 09:54 AM
I've notice the amount does not show up on my ships either, but I never bothered to check and see if it was just a display problem - meaning I might be getting the beam damage buff from the +2.5 and not really noticing it as I don't analyze my damage output.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
are you doing this in sector space, "Safe space" Like around ESD or an actual game mission map? sometimes you wont see all yoru bonuses unless your on a space mission map.
nope doing this is in the DS9 area (with other players around).

as far as cosmic was refering to seeing if i get the dmg bonus despite it not showing i do i will have to give that a try
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2012, 09:59 AM
The Jem'Hadar Combat Engine's Weapon Power bonus is working just fine. It's the pop-up info window for the engine that isn't working. It's bugged. Pay attention your your actual WEapon Subsystem power. The bonus scales from 0 at 75 power to around 10 at 25 power.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
The Jem'Hadar Combat Engine's Weapon Power bonus is working just fine. It's the pop-up info window for the engine that isn't working. It's bugged. Pay attention your your actual WEapon Subsystem power. The bonus scales from 0 at 75 power to around 10 at 25 power.
see i tried that. i had the wpn power level at 25 and noticed the power lvl 63/25. i then switched to my borg engines (retro) and the wpn power stayed the same.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2012, 10:18 AM
I've just tested it myself. And I see it giving me a power bonus. Perhaps certain Mks aren't work. I've test Mk VI, VI and X!.

But I will note that I'm an idiot for not seeing the +2.5 Weapon power bonus before now. That static bonus doesn't appear to be working for any engine. I'm only seeing the Weapon Efficiency power bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2012, 10:26 AM
EDIT: I'm an idiot... after further testing, the flat 2.5% bonus doesnt seem to be working for me either (MKXI).

And the tooltip for the efficiency is broken (always stays at +0 for me)

Why we have weapon efficiency on a set, I have no idea... does anyone actually use a weapon power setting below 125?

And just in case a dev looks at this, can you make it so these engines go Warp 11? Or at least 10.1... even with Driver Coil, they are stuck at going Warp 10, which is kind of annoying... just want them to be able to take advantage of driver coil...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2012, 10:30 AM
The 2.5 flat power is not working for me either.
The scaling bonus depending on weapon power level however is working for me.
MK XI engine.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2012, 11:43 AM
ok after a lil more testing i am now seeing the wpn power level go up when i set my wpn power to very low....but still not getting the 2.5 wpn power that i should get not matter what the power level is.

can we get a dev response to see what is going on? maybe explain what these engines are supposed to do?