Lt. Commander
Go to your game folder /Pıggs/delete all hog files and hog errors and go to Patch/ delete all files in it .

Then Start launcher (as an admin) then go to /options/safe mode (ticked) , disable on-demand patching, force verify (un-ticked), then enter your log in details and log in.

(Make sure run as admin before starting the launcher )

It will start re-downloading 12 GB (fulll game) and problem will be sorted most likely.

On that Note: Some can choose "proxy EU /US and tick "patch via proxy" That can sort some patching issues as well.

If that sorts your problem, do not forget backing up 12 GB and place it on (secondary drive or on flash drive)

Just in case for future (corruptions)

Important note: (Never tick "force verify files" on next start up and make sure keep disable the "on Demand patching")

This is a well known issue (When downloadable content / patching system changes in games after the release), it's not hardware related in most cases.
They have to patch it for perm fix .

Also you can run the game in "Safe mod" via launcher. Then in game change the gfx quality to "Max".

(Mod can make it sticky or add this into fixes , so everyone can fix their issue)
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2012, 04:54 PM
works great as a fix. In fact it is the only way to get it working again. The downside is that it isn't a permanent fix. It will break again and you will be forced to re-download 4-5gb of data again and again and again......
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Grooder is correct it is not a permanent fix I have tried that several times.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Come on guys. Get your s*** together.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2012, 04:16 AM
Just down loaded the game for the first time, and 'Im getting this, if I attempt to reluanch after this it just sticks on patching, till I clear cashe etc and then I get the same error.

Sorry no way am I going to redownload the game so the game will be a no go for me, pity as I really liked the program no damage done as it free to play, just wasted my time.

But as a knock on effect the companies have not done themselves any favours, I will not now buy anything from the company, just in case I end up wasting money, While I as an indvidual will make no difference to the company I bet I am not the only "new player" to feel like this, most just will not bother with the forums

btw played a few MMOs never real problems before.

Have fun and LL&P
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2012, 08:39 AM
This is a good idea for a short term fix but its only a SHORT term fix as in it only last a day or two at most! Some times it only last two missions. This topic probally should be merged with this one!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...34#post4108534
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-21-2012, 06:19 AM
Come on cryptic. get it together