Lt. Commander
I'm not complaining much but it is sort of annoying.. I presume Crpyitc did it as a gesture towards copywrite or something. It is, however, annoying to have the ENTERPRISE NX-01 and have that damned blue logo on my saucer section. It removes the whole illusion of looking original.

I'm sure that you have your reasons but when one pays real life cash to purchase a ship we don't expect to have it literally branded with the Starfleet logo. I've probably been doing 3D modelling and texturing for a lot longer than you guys (15 years to be exact) and worked on many game mods.. So i know how annoying it can be to see things such as this but maybe, as i said, it was something that you were pretty much forced into doing. I don't know but if you weren't then why do it? It's pointless. When i purchase a ship i don't expect to see bright blue logos on it like some sort of advertising machine.

As i said i'm not complaining i just think it makes the whole STO universe that less believable... Maybe Cryptic get paid as sponsors just for doing such a thing i don't know but you never see it on the actual Star Trek franchise...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2012, 02:59 PM
At the moment, you can join a fleet and use the fleet emblem. but I don't have that ship so I am not sure if applies in this case.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2012, 03:08 PM
its so you can put your fleet emblem and I do agree their should be an option to delete it but... do you really think its that noticeable? I mean when I play I sometimes lose the symbol when im trying to look for it, I really dont see it being much of a bother
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2012, 04:00 PM
As they said, it was a fleet option. No one at Cryptic had the bright idea to say, "Hey, instead of a stupid lookin' symbol in the fleet spots, let's just not have one if you aren't in a fleet"
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2012, 04:26 PM
I see no issue with it......It identifies the ship.

While i have never seen a blue logo on Ships from the ST genre most vehicles have some sort of identification be it a star, hammer and sickle, or a swastika. The only ones that come to mind that do not are submarines.

It is not so difficult to fathom that a starship would have the logo of its affiliation on it too.

Personally I think the paint job on ships are far more insidious.

What colors would Kirk fly on his conny

What about JL picard

The coloring of ships IMO is totally unfounded ....the logos seem backed more in reality IMO