Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
im only using one particle console and i 'repeat' im getting 500 damage per hit and thats with power on aux at 37.
How can you achieve 500 damage per second with only one console and only 37 in auxiliary ? The damage from grav well is aux linked...

Can you test it with 125 power in auxiliary please ? and report back ?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barschmeister_Sparki
Hi

Yeah, Gravity well appears to be doing much less dmg than revealed in the tool tip.
For instance, I was able to do ~1400dmg per tick according to the tooltip, yet it remains at the ~500 to 700dmg range.

Did several tests.
I assumed it would be resistances but I tried with a buddy who only had 2% resist to kin.
Maybe I am missing something or is this thing just weak?

Grav Well III btw.
Not to mention that Grav Well is actually useless due to the borg heal procs xD but I still wonder where that extra dmg went.
The reason is because gravity well deals kinetic damage and the damage of the gravity well significantly decreases the farther from the exact center of the well the target is.

Kinetic damage means target's kinetic resists lower the output..and a mere 100m away from the grav well lower the damage by as much as 300 a tick. Its ridiculous.

Pre-space skill revamps my grav well did really good damage IF i specced to the max for it. Now its pointless to spec anything but mediocre points on particle/graviton because the grav well damage has been so nerfed.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Need to clarify my OP, but I see now that there has to be more to Gravwell, so I will be posting a thread in the gameplay bug area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
The reason is because gravity well deals kinetic damage and the damage of the gravity well significantly decreases the farther from the exact center of the well the target is.

I know how Grav Well works now in that case .
We've already tested that the damage is still lacking.

Quote:
Kinetic damage means target's kinetic resists lower the output..and a mere 100m away from the grav well lower the damage by as much as 300 a tick. Its ridiculous.
Agreed, the falloff is ridiculous.

Quote:
Pre-space skill revamps my grav well did really good damage IF i specced to the max for it. Now its pointless to spec anything but mediocre points on particle/graviton because the grav well damage has been so nerfed.
Why was it actually nerfed. I've played since the early launch and an extended period prior to the spaceskill revamp and I never found anything that appeared to be overpowered on it.
In fact, when Borg healset came, GWell became a joke.

Nonetheless, either there is something in the formula that is goofing the numbers to lol levels or the tool tip is adding some x 2 to something that isn't true.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-28-2012, 11:18 AM
How do you counter GW? The same that you use against tractor beams? Polarize hull?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-29-2012, 04:41 PM
GW was recently changed to have Grav Generators increase the Radius.... to balance this out the damage was lowered.

Tooltips are notorious for being wrong in this game.... don't trust them...

You also need to factor in kinetic resistance of the target in the GW as it is Kinetic damage

GW is a snare that happens to do damage...
It was never intended to be damage that happens to snare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar_swe
How do you counter GW? The same that you use against tractor beams? Polarize hull?
Evasive Maneuvers, Engine Battery, Inertial Dampners (Console and Skill)
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-01-2012, 12:49 PM
A few nights ago, my fleet had a little pvp fun with each other. I had a Gravity Well III put on my stationary Bortas while my shields were down and it barely scratched the paint.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-05-2012, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
GW was recently changed to have Grav Generators increase the Radius.... to balance this out the damage was lowered.

Tooltips are notorious for being wrong in this game.... don't trust them...

You also need to factor in kinetic resistance of the target in the GW as it is Kinetic damage

GW is a snare that happens to do damage...
It was never intended to be damage that happens to snare...

Evasive Maneuvers, Engine Battery, Inertial Dampners (Console and Skill)
Thanks a lot

That resolved the issue then.

Now I get it.
So its a snare with a bit of dmg.
Imo, it sucks, starting with the fact that you can outmanuever it with ease, starting with the mentioned abilities (and of course, AP:Omega ;D).

Speaking of Omega
Too bad Grav Well III doesn`t get 7 viable CC related abilities.

So basially, we just have broken tooltip giving us hopes and dreams of dealing viable dmg. -__-
0:1 for cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-05-2012, 04:06 AM
are you guys also taking enemy resists into the equation with all my tac buffs up my beam arrays say they do 2k dammage but ill only hit for 1400 dammage and up to 2.5 k on a crit into a ships hull im sure the enemy will not take the max dammage you see on the tool tip and thinking what you see on tool tips is the end all be all of what dammage you should be doing is just silly
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-05-2012, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havokreaper View Post
are you guys also taking enemy resists into the equation with all my tac buffs up my beam arrays say they do 2k dammage but ill only hit for 1400 dammage and up to 2.5 k on a crit into a ships hull im sure the enemy will not take the max dammage you see on the tool tip and thinking what you see on tool tips is the end all be all of what dammage you should be doing is just silly
excuse my post but
What's with the d!cking lately ...

Tested it all with a buddy who only had 2% in kin resists. Said that.
And yes, I well know enough that tooltips don't say the actual thing. which is pretty much uh-duh with just about any MMORPG out there.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-05-2012, 10:12 AM
The new gravity well is the old orbital strike. Lackluster at best.

I wonder what the thought process was behind making it next to completely useless. Yeah it looks cool and now effects multiple ships but it does almost nothing in terms of damage. It was one of the few tools science ships had to pump out some dps. Feedback pulse being the other.

I don't know about everyone else but I'd rather do significant damage to one target that insignificant damage to multiple targets.