Lt. Commander
# 1 Starting a fleet
02-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Ok, I got me, my wife, and 3 friends...2 of which just made an account like a week ago. I click to start a fleet and it gives me an error stating "newly created account cannot send or receive fleet invites".

What is the requirements for starting a fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2012, 05:31 PM
To create a Fleet all Silver members must meet the criteria: Playing 20 hours or buying some Cryptic Points. Doing either of those things will allow everyone to help create a Fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2012, 10:53 PM
comment redacted
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2012, 10:55 PM
But presumably you still need to be in a team of five, right? Because I wanted to make a fleet for my friends that play this gam,e but there's only four of us at the moment. XD
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2012, 12:05 AM
From what we have been able to gather in some of the other threads:

Fact:
Must be in a team of 5

Theory:
Initial fleet leader must be Gold player

I am not certain about the "theory" (obviously), but we helped another guy who had issues creating a fleet dispite all apparently being beyond the spam-bot timer, untill they found a gold player to help them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2012, 05:58 AM
I'm silver and started my own fleet, after helping many others start their own fleets. Cos is right. Everyone on the team needs to play 20 hours or buy a cp. They also all need to be together on esd when the leader starts the team.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STF65
I'm silver and started my own fleet, after helping many others start their own fleets. Cos is right. Everyone on the team needs to play 20 hours or buy a cp. They also all need to be together on esd when the leader starts the team.
Have you always been silver? It is possible that previous gold players may "count" as gold when forming a fleet. I've heard reports of new silver players unable to form a fleet even though they all met the 20 hour restriction.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-27-2012, 01:23 PM
As a Silver player that tried several times to make a fleet and encountered that message, I can honestly say that what happened is that one or more of your players did not exceed the 20 hour minimum.

Type /played to find out how long the character has been played. They may have made an account a week ago but how long have they actually played thier characters? One of the times it failed on me was because someone had only played 19 hours and 53 minutes total even though he had an account for a week.

Also all the players have to be on the same instance in ESD.