Lt. Commander
# 1 Sci build ship
02-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Which KDF ship is better suited for a sci build? Was looking at something that could screw up the enemy ships. Also, I will mainly play PVE, with normal STFs, and maybe some PvP.

Tac - TT1, FaW2
Eng - EP2S 1 and 2
Sci - Jam Sensors, HE2, TSS3, GW3
ST1, Tach Beam 2, Phot SW 1

For this, I know the BoP and VuQuv carrier would work with the BOFF loadout. Depending on which ship, and therefore weapons, the tac skills will be tweaked.If one of the Gorn sci vessels is recommended, then the above set up will need to be tweaked.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2012, 01:18 PM
I know this is an older post, but I have to say that for KDF the best science vessel hands down is the Varanus. It's wicked fast, fairly maneuverable, and has all the bonuses for Fed science ships. I'd recommend getting it along with possilbly the Draguas in order to cannibalized its Aceton Assimilator console (that thing is MURDER when combined with Jam/Scramble Senors). One thing I would also recommend is replacing EP2S 1 with Engineering Team 1, since those two shield buffs you have share a cooldown and hull repair can be a real life-saver in a tough spot.

If you don't feel like getting the Varanus I'd go for the Vo'Quv, ESPECIALLY if your toon is a science officer. The Vo'Quv may be slower than a brick in molasses and lacking in weapon slots compared to a cruiser, but it's tough as hell and turns into a one-man fleet with Photonic Fleet and a deployable turret or two, definitely the way to go for a more defensive sci player.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2012, 04:03 PM
If you are looking for a good quick strike vessel, the Hegh'ta can be fun with science.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2012, 06:40 PM
I was a little annoyed to discover a Varanus is essentially a DSSV with weaker shields and the ability to use Repair Platform. Which bites if you, say, don't actually want to use the platform, considering the Varanus costs CPs.

Just add it to the list.