Lt. Commander
# 11
02-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Eve Online is 9 year old. LotRO is 5 years old, WoW is 8 years old. Trying to compare a 2 year old game to them is not really fair.
I've been playing EVE for over 6 years and yes it has had many patches, but never because the game was unplayable at a very basic level. I do admit you have a valid point in that Cryptic hasn't had time to fully polish the game. My point still remains that this game is not ready for P2P with the existing level of playability.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-26-2012, 07:53 PM
I think you haven't explored near enough of STO to make an informed opinion on just how "buggy" the game is. I'm sorry you are having difficulty, but I think STO has come a long way from 2 years ago. This is a AAA MMO that just happens to be a huge bargain for F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulus_Juno
I've been playing EVE for over 6 years and yes it has had many patches, but never because the game was unplayable at a very basic level. I do admit you have a valid point in that Cryptic hasn't had time to fully polish the game. My point still remains that this game is not ready for P2P with the existing level of playability.
And you have the right to not play it. I think most of us don't find the game to be as bad as you do.

Yes, Cage of Fire is bugged and requires extra work to manipulate your BOFFs though it, but CoF isn't the only Mission in the game. Did you have that problem with the 35 Missions you did before CoF? On average I make 1 to 2 VAs per month and I find very few of the Missions have bugs - and only CoF has such a major problem.

If that bugged Mission is enough to drive you away from a Free-to-Play game then so be it. There's nothing we can do about that. Enjoy Eve. I've played it on and off for 8 years, but it never set well with me. But that's why you're you and I'm me.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulus_Juno
Now I'm on the planet and my Away Team can't navigate the fences that line the linear path. I go up a ramp and they turn to early or to late and get stuck behind or beside the fence. Even if I walk directly up to them they wont readjust their line and follow me through the linear path. I've beamed up to reset and they just do the same thing over and over.
This is actually an IMPROVEMENT over what they used to do--it used to be that they tried to travel in a straight line towards you, even if there was no walkway, so they would often fall into the lava where you could not revive them. The easiest way to keep track of them is to use the rally point command to tell them where to go from one intersection to the next.

That said, I think that we need a "stay close to me" command for our Away Teams, which would command them to try to keep within five meters of you at all times.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-26-2012, 07:58 PM
To bring your away team back to you, type this in the chat window. Sort of "beams" your people back to where you are and I use it frequently for wayward away team members who get stuck in geometry.

/savedpet_petregrouprequest

And for the person who said he's not informed enough to make an opinion, he most certainly is voting with his wallet so that makes him qualified. It's probably difficult code-wise to make 4 pets all follow you and do what you're doing but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be frustrated when it doesn't work.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
You had a problem with one mission, and you rage quit? STO has it's share of bugs, but so does every other MMO out there, including the ones you mentioned. If you find a perfectly bug free MMO, please let me know. TBH, I don't want your stuff.
"Rage"? I believe I was expressing my feeling quite calmly. And it not just one mission and I quote " latest bought of frustration". The mechanic of the game behave similarly but not near as bad on other missions; the difference being this one is not fixed by warping or beaming out and back in.

As for my stuff, my char is a Ferengi so there's no profit in giving it away. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Sadly Yes this is Dejevu of 2010. but it is true.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Shoot the Zombie! ..... wait .... it's a new thread??
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
To bring your away team back to you, type this in the chat window. Sort of "beams" your people back to where you are and I use it frequently for wayward away team members who get stuck in geometry.

/savedpet_petregrouprequest

And for the person who said he's not informed enough to make an opinion, he most certainly is voting with his wallet so that makes him qualified. It's probably difficult code-wise to make 4 pets all follow you and do what you're doing but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be frustrated when it doesn't work.
Thanks for the tip, perhaps it will help lower other people's frustration level.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-26-2012, 08:17 PM
It's bout not bought. And yes this would qualify as a rage quit, except your timing is a little off. Game's been out for 2 years, so proclaiming that it's not "ready for release" is well, silly to use a nice term. I have 4 VA's with 2 more on the way and haven't had an issue with game mechanics that I couldn't overcome. This game has come a long way in the two short years it's been out, skip the mission and move on.
Closed Thread