Lt. Commander
# 21
02-26-2012, 08:23 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas2409
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Funny how TOR cost a reported $80+ million to make too - about 10 times what STO cost to make.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulus_Juno
EVE Online, LOTRO, and WOW don't have near this level of basic errors. Even Rift worked better than this in Beta testing.
Pray-tell, have you ever played the pet classes (or nearest equivalent) in those games?

They get lost a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Funny how TOR cost a reported $80+ million to make too - about 10 times what STO cost to make.
EQ launched with a shoestring budget from a company nobody had ever heard of in a type of game still in its infancy over a decade ago with more content than STO has today. All things are relative tho.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
EQ launched with a shoestring budget from a company nobody had ever heard of in a type of game still in its infancy over a decade ago with more content than STO has today. All things are relative tho.
A decade ago was a very different time. People have very different expectations about games now then they did a decade ago - mostly because there are hundreds of MMOs out there to choose from now.

I playtested WoW for over 8 months, and it wasn't the coolest game in the world, but it hit at the right time and became a financial juggernaut. Sometimes it's just about being in the right place at the right time.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSmith
It is an MMO it will never be finished.
He didnt say anything about "finished", he said ready for release. Those are 2 completely different things. Just FYI.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Cage of Fire is one of the most horrible and very buggy zone.

those BOff cant navigate.
reason why?
those floor made them think it is "hostile", so that is poor environmental set up, those bridge walk-ways should be remap for non-hostile effect.

i am surprised that for 2 years and this zone get ignore for so long.
so ask your fleet members to help, players can breeze any bugged bridges.
these BOff are useless on that zone. it took me over an hour to get specific "revive" check point i need to gather my BOffs and finish that mission, and after that, just ignore that zone until devs are ready to stomp that bug once and for all, ro make it replayable.

there no rerason to quit because of 1 bad zone.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-26-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you have become disappointed in STO after encountering a bug and/or the AI pathing issues.

Your feedback is always appreciated so long as it's formatted in a reasonably polite and constructive manner, however "I quit" threads are not allowed on our forums so I'm going to go ahead and close this thread down now.

I hope you keep track of the games updates and perhaps revisit the game at some point in the future, after all it wont cost you anything to do so.

LLAP,

Alecto
Closed Thread